Chapter 21: The Battle of Two Bridges part 2

Jim POV

I watched as y/n went tumbling into the portal. I could only freeze as I watched him tumble into the portal. I watched as he dragged nomura into the portal before vanishing from sight. I cried out for him only to see Draall trying to pull the amulet off. Strickler went to attack, but I was too angry, strickler got my brother killed. So, I smashed my fist into his face and pinned him to the bridge.

Then, I saw draal trying to pull the amulet off."Draal let go!" I cried out. Not wanting my protector to be hurt, nor did I want y/n to be trapped in the dark lands. 

Drall looked at me before continuing to pull. "sorry trollhunter, I promised to your brother that I would protect you if something were to happen to him, and that is what I SHALL DO!" he bellowed as he continued to try and pull on the amulet. 

I looked into the portal and realized what y/n was doing. He was buying us time, buying us time to close the portal. but I couldn't leave him behind, so I tried to run in, only for Aaarrrgghh to stop me. "no, Jim, no go" he said sadly as he held me back. I could only watch as Drall kept pulling and y/n fighting on the other side of the portal. 

___________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile with y/n: y/n POV

I reared my sword and swung as gunmar also swung his sword. Our blades connected, sending a shockwave around us. Hundreds of Gumm Gumm soldiers were thrown to the side.

"I was wondering when I would face you!" gunmar laughed as he swung his sword to try and cleave me in two

"I was wondering when I would face you!" gunmar laughed as he swung his sword to try and cleave me in two. I raised my shield, but it bent under the sheer power of gunmar. With just that hit, I knew I was outmatched.

But I grinned, after all, I wasn't here to kill gunmar, I was here to stall for time. So, I went to strike, but my sword wouldn't pierce gunmar's rock flesh, only scraping across it.

Gunmar punched me, sending me into a nearby wall before running like a bull to impale me with his horns. But his horns were too large and only slammed into the wall. Using this opportunity, I ducked beneath Gunmar and proceeded to slice apart any gumm gumm who stood in my way.

Slamming my bony fingers into one, I felt something small in my hand. Another Gemstone. This made me smile as I placed it near the amulet. It hummed before absorbing the gem. I felt something, A savage hunger inside burn. I dropped my sword completely and let out a roar.

Charging, my armour began to shift in colour, the once beautiful gold, now coated in a dark blackish grey with green flowing from cracks. A second layer of stone began to form around my armour, coating it. 

My bony hand was coated in a stone that charmed into claws. A large stone gauntlet tipped with crystal claws was now adorning my right arm.

(kinda like this)