Chapter 24: Mudslinging part 2

Gilles De Rai POV (this takes place during this chapter, at the same time as the y/n part)

As I left the home of y/n, I pondered to myself.

Recalling when the MSC first found out about the awakening of Morgana's champion, sent a mass panic. The fear that gunmar would rise again flooded the organisation. Many wished to hunt down Morgana's champion. To kill him before he could grow stronger. But I decided to go and see for myself.

When I heard of Morgana's champion awakening, I assumed I would encounter a cruel and destructive monster. Much like gunmar. I never expected a mere child to wield the power.

I could see his wounds, his battles, I saw his memories. His battle against the stalkling, how it ripped him to shreds, yet he still fought. Not for the need to kill, the need to destroy, but the need to protect his family. He lost massive chunks of his humanity and kept going.

Then, I saw something that shook my core. y/n jumping into the darklands, not caring for his own safety, all to buy his brother time. He clashed with gunmar himself all to protect his home. Sacrificing his leg to make sure gunmar and his forces stayed inside as the gateway. 

Now, I didn't see a monster, only a boy wanting to protect his people. After our first encounter, I spoke to the other council members. To my surprise, the vampires from Styria also knew of him. They spoke about how he had no interest in allying with gunmar. They seemed quite fond of him, seeing him more like family than just an ally. I also spoke, mentioning how I wished for him to be evaluated. At first, the others weren't sure, but I insisted. So, the council reluctantly agreed. though many were still against it. 

Soon, I teleported my way to our main headquarters, being a high mistress, I have more influence than most in the MSC. however, there were those who opposed me. Against my decisions.

As I walked, I suddenly heard the running of footsteps. A member of our staff came running over, "Lady Ria, your presence is required," they said in a huff. I nodded and followed them before I could hear shouting.

"This is blasphemy, we must stop him!" a voice boomed while other voices shouted. "he's done nothing to you! he's just a kid!" another voice shouted. Voices shouted and boomed. "a kid who could wipe out the world!" another voice screamed. 

I sighed, knowing that specific groups were going to cause issues again. So, I dusted myself and walked into the meeting room to see the chaos. People were shouting, throwing stuff and arguing. others shoving each other around and shouting.

 I looked around, seeing who were present. The elf council were here, same with multiple representatives of the Mage academies.  some human representatives were also present.

Queen Fareeda, Headmistress of Amber Academy. Based in Australia.