Thirteen

Jungkook has his jaw set as the heels of his shoes dig into the ground beneath his feet. His clothes are tight against his arms as he folds them across his chest and waits, eyes hard as he watches that one door. He feels his anger build up with every moment that passes. The door opens after a few more moments and in walks Seojoon with an officer leading him in, his wrists in handcuffs. The older alpha has a smirk on his face when he sees Jungkook sitting behind the glass separating him, his eyes holding mockery as they stare into the younger alpha's angry, round eyes.

Seojoon is sitting in front of him in a minute, leaning back in his chair as he raises an eyebrow. His facial expression holds both surprise and a hint of scorn. Jungkook pushes his tongue into his cheek and soon trails it over his teeth as a smirk grows on his lips. "You are finally where you belong, Seo Joon-ah." The alpha's voice drips like venom into the older man's ears, the casual talking on purpose to disrespect him.

He sees it, the way his eyes flash with anger before it gets concealed with fake composition, a humourless laugh escaping his lips. "Am I? When is it going to be your turn, then? If I'm being punished for wanting someone, shouldn't you be in the same position as I am?" The look in the alpha's eyes is one of a pure psychopath, the crazed smile on his lips tells Jungkook all he needs to know about that person. The young alpha uncrosses his arms, leans back and spreads his legs, a stance of nonchalance as he eyes the older alpha who seems caught off guard for a second.

"Well, to your displeasure, never. Taehyung and I are married after knowing each other as adults. There is nothing wrong with our marriage," The alpha says casually, his throat bobbing briefly as he repeats the words in his head, assuring himself of what he is saying. That there is nothing wrong with anything between them. "But surely, a lot of things are wrong with that sick head of yours."

Seojoon scoffs before his lips turn into a wicked smile, "You know, Jungkook-ah?" The alpha emphasises his name, but Jungkook only smirks. "When they told me that there is a visit for me, I thought it would be Taehyung." He laughs, his knowing eyes moving all over the alpha's now furious eyes, no longer nonchalant. Jungkook's eyes burn bright red as he glares at the older man behind the glass, his hands into fists from where they are. "He has always been naive, my little Taehyungie."

The young alpha's lips curl in anger, growling at him as the words tear out of his chest. "Shut the fuck up."

Seojoon sucks on his teeth, "Taehyungie is beautiful, isn't he? I'm sure I'll be out of here in no time, I'll win him over and eventually have him by my side, as my lawfully wedded husband."

Jungkook's jaw ticks, and he parts his lips to release some of the tension inside of him. He knows he can't lose his temper if he wants this to succeed. If he wants Seojoon to confess, he has to keep his calm. If he notices that Jungkook is easily messed with, he'd just keep poking at him further. Jungkook closes his eyes briefly, and his eyelids open to stare at the man behind the glass sharply. His hands relax and his scent weakens in the air as he quietly breathes.

The alpha's eyes return to their natural brown colour as Jungkook leans forward, resting his elbows on the wooden bar that withholds the glass separating them, his eyes glinting. "You shouldn't worry about Taehyung at all, he loves me."

The words hang in the air for a few seconds, pouring onto Seojoon like cold water while Jungkook just watches. He's lying. Taehyung says he likes him, but he doesn't know to what extent. He is just trying to get a reaction from the alpha, rile him up. Jungkook's smile ceases from being mocking and challenging to a soft one that he easily performs. For a minute, he actually thinks about Taehyung and it comes easily, making it more genuine while he lies to the alpha's face.

Seojoon laughs.

His laugh is bone-chilling. His head tilts back as he laughs at what Jungkook just said like it's the funniest joke he ever heard. Jungkook's lips twitch, desperate to curl, but he holds himself. He leans back only slightly and the corner of his lips lift into a challenging grin.