Sixteen

After taking the bus, they decide to walk the rest of the distance home. They walk in silence, and it doesn't take much time, but they are exhausted by the time they finally reach home. Jungkook goes straight to his room to shower, and Taehyung slips into his own room to shower before preparing some snacks for both of them to eat.

The omega then decides to put some effort into the food he prepares for the alpha and puts on a YouTube video for a recipe that is easy for someone like him to make. He moves around the kitchen, a focused look on his face as he prepares a potato snack he found online.

A few minutes into his recipe, he feels a presence behind him, looming over him. The omega turns slightly, watching the half-asleep alpha watching the potato he's peeling over his shoulder. Taehyung turns back to what he's doing and smiles softly. "What are you doing?" the omega asks quietly, noticing how the alpha moves alongside him, following his every move.

"Nothing, what are you doing?" Jungkook murmurs quietly, following behind Taehyung when he goes to fetch the seasoning he needs. The omega feels a weight settling on his shoulder and realises Jungkook is snuggling up against him, and resting his chin over his shoulder. The alpha's breathing tickles his skin gently, and the omega's scent sweetens at the gesture. Taehyung refrains from leaning back into the alpha's arms for a moment and prevents himself from closing his eyes and enjoying a peaceful moment of silence like this because he is in the middle of something, and he feels it would be weird.

"Cooking," the omega answers instead, grabs a knife and starts chopping the potatoes into medium-sized cubes. Jungkook presses up against him further, murmuring something incoherent sleepily before wrapping his arms around the omega's waist. Taehyung feels goosebumps rising on his skin when he feels the alpha nuzzling his scent gland and humming softly.

"You can't cook," Jungkook remarks quietly, and Taehyung can feel the lopsided smile against his skin.

"I'm following a tutorial, so it should be fine."

"Are you not sleepy?"

"A little, but you didn't eat anything. We're out of ramen as well. I'll just make you this and go to sleep," Taehyung exhales shakily, his eyes fluttering when he feels the alpha slowly rub his nose against his scent gland. "Hyung," Taehyung calls gently as he helplessly looks at his cut-up potatoes, trying to think of a way to put them to boil with the alpha holding him in a place like this.

"We can go to sleep now, I'm not hungry," Jungkook hums, his lips softly brushing against his neck causing the omega's chest to rise and fall heavily. Taehyung could tell the alpha was sleepily trying to leave some of his scent on him, but Taehyung already reeked of him, and he hadn't fully started yet. The omega's heart flutters in his chest for a moment when he feels Jungkook's lips parting, and the press of his lower inner lip against his warm skin.

"Eat first, and then sleep," The omega leans back subtly into him before mentally pushing himself to move. He moves to pull out a cooking pot and then moves to the sink to fill it up with water after he has placed the potatoes inside. Jungkook yawns into his hands, rubbing his face slightly before following Taehyung when he gets to the stove. His arms find Taehyung's waist, snuggling up against him once more, and this time Taehyung leans back into his arms, a quiet exhale leaving his lips.

"Why are you so soft all of a sudden?" Taehyung chuckles a little, resting his hands on top of the alpha's arms, gently caressing his tattooed arm, tracing one of the tattoos with his thumb.

"Soft?" Jungkook questions, his voice barely above a whisper. His parted lips slowly trail over the omega's scent gland as he nuzzles him, pauses for a moment, and waits to see if Taehyung wants to move away. When he doesn't, the ghost of touch from his lips fully presses against his skin and it turns from merely pressing against him into leaving open-mouthed kisses over the skin.