Four

"I cannot even begin to explain how much you make my skin crawl. Whenever I'm near you, whenever you touch me, fuck, it makes me feel like I want to recoil in disgust." The alpha sneers, taking his hands off the omega and takes a few steps back before he turns around and faces the other way. The omega feels his chest tighten, his tears flowing out of his eyes as he stares at the alpha's back. His hand rests on top of his chest in a fist, clutching the sweatshirt he is wearing.

"Why?" Taehyung whispers, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion and woe, "Why do I disgust you so much? Why are you filled with so much hatred? What did I ever do to you? I was forced into this just as much as you!"

Jungkook lets out a humourless chuckle, turning his head to the side to throw a mocking look at the omega, "You don't compare to me. You are the one benefiting from this marriage, not me. I have nothing to gain from this alliance, but you? You gain a lot, Kim Taehyung. Money, luxury, business deals, relaxed life, and more! Was that not your goal from the beginning?" The alpha's voice is full of loathing, and Taehyung does not know why it hurts so much all of a sudden. He does not know why his heart feels like breaking, and he tries to guess.

As the alpha turns fully to look at him with so much abhorrence, he searches for the answer within himself, and he eventually finds it. He finds the answer to why it hurts, and it's because the omega saw a safe place in the alpha, a home. For once in his life, he saw a glimpse of a protective roof above his head and foolishly tried to grasp it. He foolishly threw himself towards that flicker of flame coming from a candle that he found in Jungkook, and he foolishly fell on his way to reach it, the whiff of air from his fall completely blew it out.

Taehyung lets out a loud sob, his eyes squeezing shut as stream down his face. He shakes his head, "when did I ever ask you for money? When did I ever ask for anything? I work for you and gain my own money, and I use that to get myself what I need. When did I ever need you for anything, Jungkook?!" The omega cries from between his tears.

Jungkook clenches his jaw as his eyebrows pull together in anger, he steps forward and Taehyung steps back in return. "And that is what I don't get, I don't get you, Taehyung. What are you trying to prove? What am I supposed to make of this innocent act of yours?"

"Am I supposed to believe that your goal behind this marriage is not to take advantage of what comes along with me? Do you think I'm stupid enough to believe you acting that way?"

Taehyung swallows, "I know it might seem that way, I know that well. I am not that, though!"

"Oh, for fuck's sake, I heard you!" Jungkook thunders, catching the omega off guard. Taehyung flinches, his eyes widening in surprise. "Your pathetic family plotting to use me at my own building two years ago, I fucking heard you, Taehyung!"

All colour drains from the omega's face as he stands still, comprehending what was just said to him.

Jungkook scoffs. "What? Caught you?"

Taehyung's lips part, his eyes wide when he realises what the alpha is talking about. When they met for the first time when he was seventeen. When his father dragged him there for the second proposal offer. It was when he pulled him into a room and kept telling him what they would get from being connected to the Jeons. Taehyung shakes his head desperately, reaching to hold the alpha's hand.

"Don't fucking touch me!" He pulls his hand away, his eyes glowing a dark shade of red.

"It's not what you think, you have to believe me!" Taehyung cries, his eyes wide as he tries to take hold of the alpha, to ground himself more than anything.

"Why would I believe you? Did you ever prove yourself trustworthy?" Jungkook mocks him with the omega's own words.

"Jungkook—"