Six

Taehyung sits up on his bed, reaching for the letter he kept on his nightstand. He holds the letter between his hands and gently lets his fingers caress the paper as a gentle smile settles on his lips.

He feels his heart flutter in his chest as he stares at the paper. He slept on his side last night, eyes on the letter and the alpha's stolen shirt between his arms. Taehyung isn't sure why exactly he felt the need to hug that shirt to sleep, he forgot about it for a moment, but last night he couldn't help but look for it.

He is convinced that he is most likely just excited about college, and the alpha's scent is just comforting. He doesn't know why it is, but he convinces himself that it is just seeking comfort from the alpha for the unbearable excitement of college.

Even though he spent most of his night reminiscing about the moment Jungkook gave him the letter, how nervous he looked, and how warm his hands were around his wrist, he tells himself it's about college.

When he thinks about college, it's exciting, yet it's completely replaced with anxiousness the following minute. He rests a hand on his racing heart, trying hard to calm down. He is scared of how it's going to be there, worried about fitting in, and anxious about the mere thought of approaching complete strangers to make friends.

The omega takes in a deep breath, puts the letter in the drawer of his nightstand and pushes himself off his bed. He walks into his own bathroom, brushing his teeth before taking a quick shower.

He is changed, and halfway through his breakfast when his phone rings, the name on display makes him swallow the wrong way, slightly choking on his food.

He coughs as he reaches for his phone, hitting his chest a few times with his free hand to stop himself from coughing.

Jungkook pauses by the stairs, already dressed for work, looking at the struggling omega in confusion.

"Eommoni," Taehyung greets anxiously as soon as he picks up the call, reaching with his other hand to hold the phone. The alpha slowly walks towards him, eyebrows furrowed.

"Taehyung-ah! How are you, dear?" Taehyung hears the cheery voice of his mother-in-law through the phone, the smile evident in her voice as she speaks.

"I'm doing well, Eommoni. How are you?" The omega asks politely, smiling a little.

"I'm doing great, dear. Is Jungkook not up yet? He's not answering my calls," the woman says in a playful angry tone before letting out a small laugh. Taehyung's smile widens, endeared by her.

Taehyung looks up at the alpha then, noticing the man already looking at him. He feels his cheeks heat up, looking back at the kitchen counter. "He is up, he was just taking a shower."

The woman hums, "Alright, then. Could you please tell him that both of you need to come over tonight? We're holding a small party for our business partner, Mr Hwang. Jungkook needs to be there, and of course, you too, darling."

"I will tell him, Eommoni."

"Okay, dear. I will see you later tonight, yeah?"

Taehyung smiles, "of course."

The omega soon ends the call while Jungkook stands by him, waiting for him to narrate what the call was about. Taehyung looks up at him, "Eommoni and Abeoji are holding a party tonight for Mr Hwang. She invited us both, and said that you have to be there."

The alpha nods, "are you done with your breakfast?"

Taehyung looks down at his plate and then up at the alpha, contemplating. He ends up nodding.