"Emails," He muttered, eyes focused on the screen.

I nodded, falling back onto the cusp of the chair. Was I just meant to sit here? Look pretty?

Is that what being a Luna is? Is this why Nova always moans for more work?

Phoenix breathed deeply, leaning away from the screen before turning to me. I internally celebrated, happy that he interrupted my minute silence.

"Hello," I smirked.

His eyes narrowed at my playfulness, but I couldn't help being the fun one.

"Debrief me." He stated.

I rose my hand. "I am going to need a couple of things. First, on what? Second, a please would be wonderful."

His eyes narrowed further. "Any phone calls, please?"

I grinned, clapping my hands, and fishing through the notes on his desk. I couldn't help but grin at his obvious agitation as he realised I kept all of his notes in one gigantic pile. They weren't in an order, which I actually found easy because my smart brain remembered where they all were.

"This isn't phone calls." He shook his head, giving them to me.

"I have everything in an order," I stated, shoving them back to him.

"What order? Crazy?"

I scowled at him. "They are things you need to read. Sign off on. I have already replied to many by letter or email saying you are out of office, but I cannot sign off on a lot of these."

"That's fine," He nodded, sliding them to the side. "What else?"

I hummed, taking the next bunch from the pile. "A few packs have threatened us for land, and I even had one asking for money."

He chuckled softly, placing them in another pile. "Anything going to get serious or is this just cold callers?"

I sat down for this one, shifting through the pages. "There's some real shit going on out there."

Phoenix's humour died instantly, his shoulders falling rigid. "Like what?"

I pursed my lips, hesitant in giving him my answers. But when he growled an answer from me, I sighed, dramatically, and gave in. I told him everything that had happened. From the letters pleading for help about missed pack members, to the deductions I made from them. Packs were losing women and children, and it was only a matter of time before it happened here.

"I know you have increased patrol guards since the twins, but other packs are suffering." I explained. "I'm not sure what we should do, but I feel we should at least help."

"How?" He grunted. "Go looking for every single pack's missing member? I'm not their alpha. They should send their own scout groups, not mine."

"They ask of you because they know our trackers are the best."

He raised an eyebrow, meeting my eye. "You are my best tracker, Charlie. Would you care to go to over fifteen packs looking for... what was it you said, twenty-one missing women and children? That will take weeks. By the end of most will be dead or long gone."

I ground my jaw. Phoenix was always blunt and unsympathetic, especially with pack matters, but unfortunately, this time, he was right. How could we help every single pack?

"So, what are we to do?"

"I send one person to each pack to find out the information they missed, and then they come home." He explained, pointing to the pages. "These attacks seem linked. They have reported the same means of disappearance every time. It's bait tactics, just like they used with Nova and Sean last year."