Pool party pt2 (Jenle)

"What if he's hurt? What if something bad happened?" Renjun asks as he cuddles into Jaemin's arms.
"I've been trying not to think about that. This isn't like him. It's so out of character you know? I mean, I've known him since we were kids. It's not like him to just up and leave." Renjun nods and holds on tighter.
"He told me a few days before he left that he is so in love with Chenle, and I know he feels the same so why?" Renjun asks through his tears.
"Shh, baby it's ok. We will figure this out." He does his best to sooth him but he can't hide his own worries too.

Chenle has all but shut himself out. He won't leave his room other than for classes and his parents are starting to get concerned. He can't function like he used to. He fell hard for his basketball player and he's just gone. His mind goes back and forth from darkest fear to deep anger. He can't decide which one he should be at. He's asked his dad to look for him. To hire an investigator but so far nothings come up. His parents think it's silly for him to be so hung up on someone after only two months but they just don't understand true love. They were both in it for the money when they got married.
"Chenle sweetie, there is a boy at the door." He hears through the intercom system and jumps out of bed.
"He's back, my NoNo is back." He runs down the stairs trying to fix his hair, he hasn't showered in days and hopes he won't mind. When he gets down the stairs time freezes.

"You aren't Jeno? Who the fuck are you and why are you here?" He seethes getting in the poor boy's face.
"Don't you remember me? Im Jisung. We used to live down the street? We played together all the time." He shakes his head in disbelief.
"Yeah, I guess I do." He sits on the couch and stares at the floor.
"I guess now is a bad time?" Jisung asks.
"Yes, very bad." He says back as he starts to stand.
"Chenle! You will not speak to a guest like that." His mom says in a harsh whisper.
"Mom, I've never been so scared in my life." He whispers. She nods.
"I understand. Maybe just talk about old times with Jisung for a while? It might help ease your mind. I'll go talk to your dad he see if there are any leads." He attempts an appreciative smile.
"Thanks mom." He says before starting to sit again.

"Honey I'm worried about our boy. He's hurting so much." His mother says into her phone.
"I'm working very hard at trying to solve this. Did Jisung come by? I talked to his parents earlier." She smiles softly, remembering them when they were so young and innocent and nothing could separate them, at least until his parents moved away.
"Yes, they are talking now." He sighs into the phone.
"Good." She hangs up feeling a little more at ease knowing he's trying to find him. They had never met Jeno in person yet. Chenle wanted to wait until he was sure about Jeno's feelings.

After three days Jaemin had called the police to investigate and they didn't really have any leads. They found his phone in a dumpster just off campus and on the fourth day they did a handwriting analysis to find that it wasn't actually his writing on the note. Of course now they know there was foul play but why? What is the reason?

It's around three AM on the sixth day that Jeno is pushed out of a moving vehicle. He is delirious at the moment and doesn't know where he is so he just sleeps, right where he is, on the grass.
When he wakes, there is a man standing over him gently kicking his leg.
"Holy shit man, you need an ambulance." Before he can walk away Jeno grabs his leg and whispers "no". He shakes his head vigorously and sits up.
He can't speak well so he just hops up and pretends to be fine.

He looks around and sees he is on campus and limps toward his dorm. When he reaches the door he fumbles with the handle then reaches in his pocket for the key on instinct. He is surprised to actually find it there, it wasn't before.
He doesn't realize how loud he is being until Jaemin swings the door open. They make eye contact before Jeno loses all control and sobs in his arms. It's dark so Jaemin reaches for the light to check him over and doesn't like what he sees at all.
"Jen, fuck what happened?" He shakes his head, still sobbing, his words are hit or miss.
"It hurts, fuck. I don't, I didn't, I, I, I'm sorry." Jaemin shushes him and pulls him further inside.