Seven pt.2 (Chenle*Dream)

"Hey, Jisungie it's been a while huh? I've been super busy though. I don't know if you remember that older boy, Moon Taeil? He went to school and now he helps counsel people like me. People who can't afford therapy, he does it in exchange for volunteer hours so I've been working at the soup kitchen two days a week too. It's been going good." Chenle sits with Renjun by his side, holding his hand.
"Renjun is here with me, say hi Junie." He looks at Renjun who smiles softly.
"Hi Jisungie, I miss you. We all do. You would be so proud of Chenle. He's working so hard to get better." Chenle squeezes his hand before talking more.
"Mark is in school now, and he's helping all of us get a better education and jobs. He's working so hard, like the parents we never had." He pauses, Renjun can feel the stress rolling off of him so he uses his other hand and rubs his arm. Chenle smiles and kisses his cheek.
"I-I uh don't know your story and never will, but I've come to accept that your pain was greater than any amount of love that we could have given you and I'm sorry for that. All of us wish we could have helped to take away your pain. All of us love and care for you and we will until we join you. I just wanted you to know a few things, that's why we are here." He pauses again and takes a few deep breaths.
"It's been two years now, two long years without you but with everyone's help it's become more bearable. I will miss you everyday, no question and even though I still can't say the D word, I have forgiven you. I did a long time ago really but didn't have the courage to say it out loud. Sometimes I question wether you ever would have wanted or needed my forgiveness. Does it really matter to you? You know? But I think in this case it's more for me anyway right?" He sniffles and wipes his eyes as Renjun lays his head on his shoulder, silently crying too.
"Also, I wanted to tell you that Renjun has been especially helpful. He tells me every day how important I am to him, how much he loves me and needs me to be around. He loves me despite the fact that I still cling to you, he understands and doesn't resent you for this either. I think maybe he's a saint." He looks at Renjun who is now looking at him with a little blush on his cheeks.
"I haven't told him yet but I love him too." Renjun gasps slightly and touches his cheek.
"I'm falling in love with him and for a while I felt guilty, but I've come to realize that you loved me so much that you wouldn't want me to be alone and hurting forever. I feel like you are a part of the reason why we are together now. I know deep in my soul that you are happy for me right now." He starts weeping so Renjun shushes him and pulls him into his chest.
"It's ok Le, I've got you." He nods and lets Renjun just hold him.
"I'm sorry." He says to Renjun.
"Don't ever be sorry." He says softly.
"Well, Jisungie. It's time to go for today. Renjun promised me ice cream when we were done visiting you and today I'll eat your favorite flavor." He stands and touches the headstone before turning in to Renjun's arms and holding him tightly.
"Thank you." He says softly, swaying a little.
"You really are a Saint, most people would look at someone like me and turn away. You amaze me everyday with your love and care. I'm so sorry if I hurt, in the past or in the future." Renjun squeezes him and cries into his neck. He kisses him softly there.
"I love you so much Chenle, and believe it or not I dont feel threatened by Jisung. I know you will always have him here." He says putting his hand on his chest.
"But I also know that there is plenty of room for me too." He kisses his cheek before they turn to walk away. They take the long way to the ice cream shop, their hands pressed firmly together, swinging between them. They make small talk like usual, just enjoying their time together.
When they get to the ice cream shop, Chenle is surprised to see the rest of the gang waiting for him. They all stand and they hug each of them until they sit down.
"How was your visit?" Jeno asks knowing today was special which was why no one went with them, but they all wanted to be there for them after. Chenle nods with a smile.
"It was good, I told him about us." He says pointing between him and Renjun.
"Oh? Is there an official us now?" Mark asks.
"Well I mean we haven't made it official in words but we just know." Renjun says softly.
"I'm making it official with words now." He turns and looks at Renjun.
"Will you officially be my boyfriend?" He asks shyly. Renjun smiles wide and nods, before leaning over and kissing his cheek.
"Yes, I would love to be." He says with warm cheeks. Of course their friends paid for their ice cream in celebration.
On the walk back home Chenle pulled Renjun into the park.
"What are we doing here?" He asks as Chenle backs him up against the tree.
"Don't get me wrong, I love our family but I wanted a private moment for this." Renjun's eyebrows raise as he hums in question.
Chenle touches his cheek and moves in slow to press their lips together. He takes his time wanting to savor this moment. They meld together perfectly as Renjun sighs happily into it.
"I wanted to be alone for our first real kiss." He says softly as he looks deep into Renjun's eyes.
"I don't think I've ever told you that I think you are beautiful. Inside and out. We've both come from shitty homes or pasts in general and you've always been sweet and lovely and supportive and I'm sorry it took me so long to appreciate you." Renjun tilts his head with a soft smile playing on his lips.
"It doesn't matter how long it took you to love me, I'm just glad you do. I would have waited forever if you asked." Chenle feels his heart speed up as he leans in and kisses him more passionately.
"I love you. I love you so much." He says with a big grin.
"I love you, now let's go home, it's our turn to cook for the family." Chenle smiles sweetly and kisses his lips once more.
"Yeah, let's go home.