Strawberry kisses (ChenJi)

It's the middle of October already, the days are a bit cooler, the leaves falling. Such a pretty time of year, Chenle thinks as he sits on the ground just off campus. He's a second year student with a high grade point average. He's always been smart. He remembers everything he studies so he takes tests well. He's been a star student as far back as he can remember. He sits silently just absorbing the sights and sounds of the college life he has grown to love so much. He has met so many new people and made so many amazing friends. He opens his bag and pulls out an apple he's been saving and takes a bite. He doesn't hear the leaves crunching behind him as he chews the delicious fruit. It isn't until a tall person with a cute boyish smile blocks the sun and hovers next to him.
"Mind if I sit?" He asks in a surprisingly deep voice as he plops down beside him.
"It seems like you don't care either way now do you?" He asks rather sarcastically. He chuckles showing his cute smile again. Chenle notices the tip of his nose is red.
"Are you cold? You look cold." He questions, still kind of annoyed that this cute person interrupted his quiet time.
"You like apples?" The cute one asks. Chenle snorts and rolls his eyes.
"I think it's quite obvious, don't you?" He looks away awkwardly.
"Sorry, I'm new here. Just transferred, I was just trying to make conversation." He says quite dejected. Chenle sighs, he doesn't try to make people feel bad with his sarcastic sense of humor, it's just who he is.
"I'm sorry. I can be an ass at times but honestly I mean no harm." The stranger nods his head.
"My name is Jisung, in case you were wondering." Chenle smiles.
"Chenle, I'm second year, you?" He asks to keep the conversation going, you know? Just so the other doesn't feel bad.
"Same but i was going to a different school. It was a little hard, academically and emotionally." Chenle hums.
"This school isn't any easier though." Chenle says before taking his last bite.
"I know but I have a friend here, someone I used to know when I was a kid. I thought I wouldn't be so lonely if I came here." Chenle hums again.
"What's their name? I can help you..." He doesn't get to finish as Jisung stands abruptly.
"I have to go, I'm going to be late for class. Will you be here tomorrow?" Chenle nods and he backs away toward the main building. Chenle finds that he really enjoyed talking to him and hopes he comes back the next day.

Everyday over the course of a couple months they meet in the same spot. It doesn't even matter if it's cold. They put on a hat and scarf and mittens and sit on a blanket on the ground or a nearby bench. On the day of the first snow which happens to be right before Christmas break they meet again. This time Chenle looks troubled.
"What's wrong Le?" He looks tired and like he's been crying.
"I just, I've been having trouble sleeping. For the last few weeks I've had these terrible nightmares." Jisung frowns.
"About what?" Chenle takes his hand and pulls him to a bench to sit, so they don't get wet clothes.
"I'm not too sure, there is a lot of water. It surrounds me and as I try to swim up I feel like I'm being pulled back down. My lungs hurt from holding my breath, I try to hold out as long as possible but it hurts so bad that I always decide to just die, then it's gone and I'm in a field of strawberries." Jisung hums and rubs his thumb across the back of his hand as they had never let go of each other.
"It sounds awful, I wish I could take your place." Jisung says sadly.
"Oh no, don't wish for that. It's a terrible feeling." Jisung tries his best to comfort him but he knows he can't do much other than encouraging words but he wants to take it all away.
"Jisung I think I'm having memories but I'm not sure of what?" He pulls Jisung again, he silently walks along just following his lead. Soon enough they are at an apartment and Chenle lets him with a key.
"Is this your place? You don't live on campus?" Jisung asks in amazement.
"My parents have a lot of money so they bought me this instead." Jisung looks around at how nice everything is. It's neat and tidy unlike his dorm room but it also seems really lonely.
"Do you have a roommate?" He asks quietly.
"No, I'm by myself." He pulls Jisung to sit on the couch and doesn't let go of his hand. Jisung can feel him trembling so he holds on a little tighter.
"When I was thirteen I lost my memory. Apparently there was an accident and I lost consciousness. My parents refuse to tell me though. I don't know why they won't tell me what happened. It's so frustrating." Jisung frowns.
"What do you remember?" Jisung asks.
"Nothing from thirteen back, except every now and then I remember a boy. I think he was my best friend? I can't see his face of hear his voice, he's just always there." Jisung hums and squeezes his fingers.
"Well that's good right? That's a good part of your memory. Is there anything else that stands out about him?" He asks.
"One thing." He stares to the window with a dreamy look on his face.
"Strawberry kisses." Jisung scrunches his nose cutely.
Chenle stares at him, it looks so familiar.
"Scrunch your nose again." He says touching the tip of his nose. Jisung does as asked so Chenle explains further.
"He would kiss me a lot. When we were really little until , I don't know because he's just not there but, he always wore strawberry lip gloss. I remember that he would usually kiss my cheek but sometimes he kissed my lips and it always tasted like strawberries." Jisung hums and pulls Chenle into him.
"Why do you think he did that? Kissed you like that?" He asks softly, stroking the other's hair.
"I always like to think that he liked me, but we were kids so it's hard to know. Especially because most things I remember are partially blacked out." Jisung hums and strokes his back then sighs.
"I have to go to class now Chenle. Can I see you later? He shakes his head no.
"I'm leaving early for winter break. I got everything done so I'm going home." Jisung tries to hide the disappointment and nods with a half hearted smile.
"When you get back, I have a present for you but you have to wait until break is over." Chenle makes a pouty face and Jisung wants to give in but he kisses his cheek instead.
"Be safe and have a nice Christmas and new year. Bye." He says walking out backwards. Chenle is still standing there flustered, holding his cheek. He's known this boy for a while now and this is the first time he kissed him and he doesn't hate it.