T H I R T Y

I ran to hug mick the moment I heard his car arriving outside.

' MICK ' I said as I jumped in his arms.

' hey baby ' he said smiling as he laughed.

I kissed him on the lips as I put both my arms around his neck, he also kissed me as max came in interrupting us.

' If you two could chill when your in my apartment, where I can see you '

I just rolled my eyes at max as he laughed and I helped Mick with his jacket and he went in to talk with Max while I went to cook something before the others were supposed to arrive. As I was standing there busy in the cooking Penelope yelled out for me so I called Mick to the kitchen and he took over for a minute as I went to see what was wrong with Penelope.

I saw Max as I was walking up the stairs and he just said good luck as Penelope hadn't let him help her, because she wanted me to help her and not him.

' Hello P, what's up? ' I said as I sat on the floor besides her.

' Can you help me pick out outfit and fix my hair auntie Sia '

' of course love, come on let's go and choose an outfit ' I said as we stood up and ran to her wardrobe.

After I'd helped Penelope with clothes and her hair we went downstairs and she was insisting on helping me cook the dinner, I just honestly let her because it was no use to say no to her. She was always right In her world and no one could convince her otherwise.

When me and Penelope had gotten the dinner ready everyone had just started arriving so we took it to the dining area and then we set the table together.

' Anastasia! ' I heard Charlotte say from behind me.

' cha! I missed you so much ' I said smiling as I hugged her.

I stood there talking to Charlotte a little while as Charles was busy with talking with max and Daniel. But soon mick came and asked if we could talk which I nodded, I said goodbye to cha and said I would see her soon and then me and mick went to the backyard.

When we got outside he was acting strange, he was like acting nervous.

' what did you want to talk about?? ' I asked.

' so I've been thinking and I want to be the father to your daughter so I thought maybe I could adopt her when she's born, we could start the paper work for me to adopt her then and we could raise her together ' he said still being nervous.

I thought about it but then I decided to say yes.

' yes of course Mick, I love you and you'll be a great father ' I smiled as I kissed him.

He got all excited and went inside that second to tell everyone else, I just laughed and followed him inside.

' guys, we have an announcement ' I said as I was holding onto Mick's arm.

' alright, this is interesting ' Daniel said.

' I'm gonna adopt Anastasia's daughter and be her father so we can raise her together '

Everyone seemed happy but max just looked at me shocked, he seemed almost mad. I didn't know why? I mean he liked Mick or that he said at least so why did he seem so angry about the news.

I just ignored max's reaction to the news and enjoyed the evening with Mick, and the others of course.

' can I talk to you Anastasia ' max asked after the dinner and I nodded as I told mick we would go away to talk and we would be back soon.

As we went to the side he looked at me with a quote disappointed look.

' what is it now max ' I said rolling my eyes.

' what the fuck are you thinking! '

' what do you mean? '

' you can't let Mick adopt LEWIS baby, you haven't even told Lewis about it! '

' well he didn't even answer my calls! '

' I don't care, go to a race or something and talk to him then !! '

' I thought you would be happy that Mick would be adopting the baby ' I said.

' No I'm not! It would have been another thing if the baby was Mick's but it's not! It's Lewis baby and you more than anyone should know how much Lewis wants to be a father and if you won't tell him now, I will '

I looked at him as he couldn't even look at me without disgust in his face.

' I won't tell Lewis and that's my decision to make not yours '

' will you even tell the baby that Mick is not her real father? '

' no, I won't tell her and if you want to be in her life you won't tell her either that Lewis is her father! Mick is gonna be the father that she knows of because that's what Mick wanted! '

' GOSH ANASTASIA DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF RIGHT NOW? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU '

' max please just understand! '

' But I can't understand Anastasia! I really can't because Lewis is her father and right now your not only robbing Lewis of a daughter but your robbing your daughter of her real father! '

He just walked away before I could say another word, I stood there left with tears in my eyes.

Maybe I was being selfish and I was really robbing my daughter of her real father, but at the same time I didn't even want to tell Lewis anymore because he clearly didn't even want anything with me to do. Gosh when did this become so fucking complicated??

Couldn't I just go back to when everything was so easy and not this messy? I didn't even know what I would need.

Before I could do anything else I heard Mick tell my name from inside the living room so I whipped away the tears in my eyes and went out to the others, max wasn't there. He'd gone up to his room and slammed his door behind him, I didn't even know why the fuck he was so mad about it. It wasn't like it was his child.