Chapter 25: selected knights

Today was the day. Today will be the day that the two kingdoms will speak of the situation regarding the prince and princess. This meeting will greatly determine the future of the two kingdoms and how they will interact further.

The king, Queen, and princess of Sol sat at the end of the throne room all three lined up on their thrones. To the side sat important chairmen to the royal party. Out of the several members sat Marine and Jennifer. On the other side of the room sat Blaze's friends. Though they may be friends of the princess Sonic and his friends are also seen as a heroic group that is respected.

There were many seats in the throne room that would be for the citizens to sit and be somewhat involved in past meetings, but this time they were empty.  Because of the importance and possible uproar this may cause people were ordered that this meeting was private.

The royal party knows what Darkmire is capable of in this type of situation. Though they are obviously allies at the moment it could all change by the end of today.

"Why is it so quiet in here? Is there some type of tension." Amy asked her friends.

"Silver answered first " It's always like this..sort of. Thats why they scare me." He shivered.
"When a meeting like this occurrs it's important to look intimidating, strong willed, and to bear no fear." Tikal whispered  while Silver nodded.

"Ah" sonic gasped and nodded to Amy as they understood.   "Well Blaze looks just as scary as shadow." He continued looked back to Blaze.

"I'm sure she got that from shadow.." Amy nudges Sonic in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Hmpf. Good." Shadow huffs to himself , he then smiled confidently"She looks great."
Of course he wasn't lying in his head.

Suddenly there was a horn signaling the arrival of the kingdom datkmire. They walked the halls quietly. They did not bring their citizens either.
It was just the King, Queen, Prince, and squire all from Darkmire. 

Shadow and the others stared at  Perci's parents before them. They would debate and connect how closely he resembling his father yet the blood of Black doom was still pumdent in their blood.  Occasionally the friends could be found glancing between Shadow and their Queen. Seeing the resemblance in them as well. It was bizarre for them since they all believed the black arms were wiped out.
"Welcome King Luce, and Queen Dauna of Darkmire. Have you prepared for today's meeting?" The King of Sol greets Perci's parents.

The King of Darkmire steps up with a sly look on his face as he typically would have. "Indeed, King Kevin we are prepared, but unfortunately this will impact your agenda I am sure." He paused then continued. "Before I continue we must know your placing of this situation. Where do you stand upon this union?"  The King of Darkmire ask formally.

Blaze's father nods. "After careful thought we of the Sol kingdom will not like to carry out the marriage between our offspring. Instead we would like to continue our union in a different manner that doesn't require the children to be wedded."
The king and Queen of Darkmire looked to each other and nodded before Luce continued.
"Is that so? Well the Kingdom of Darkmire as a whole would like to pursue this marriage. Since we cannot agree on this I have a better way to establish this from our own book of ways.." The king of Darkmire snapped his fingers with a smirk still on his face.
Everyone watched silently as a smaller demon appeared from behind the royal party with a large mysterious book. It cleared its throat before speaking loudly and clearly.

"Due to the occurrence of the citation from the book of Sol at the wedding it is understood that we are able to do the same.." The underlying adjusted its glasses as it began reading.
"Rule 175 from the Laws of Darkmire- Due to the inconvenience of disagreement between two kingdoms a series of duals will be conducted. Three one-on-one battles consisting of each kingdoms best knights will occur. Victory of each battle will be determined upon yield or death. Whichever kingdom wins the most battles will have the final decisi-."