Chapter 23: Visitors

Rouge sat on the floor in front of a table as she took a deep breath. She then blew out her air carefully to cool off her hot tea in her cup.
She calmly took in a long sip. A prisoner enjoying tea in her "cell".

She has been locked away in a cell that was well..nice. It resembled more of a bedroom with bars on the door for safety.
She had tea,a bed, a couple of books, even some pieces of furniture. 

What really confused her was why is she in here? Blaze has a dungeon, and real prison cells. So, what makes Rouge different to put her in here?

Suddenly the door to her room began to unlock.
Rouge raised a brow. Unfazed by the clicked coming from the door. " I've already gotten my breakfast today. What do you want?" She asked the guard that came in.

"You have a visitor." The guard states before letting them in. As Knuckles entered the cell the guard nods. "We'll be right outside this door."
With that the door was shut. Before knuckles could turn around he was attacked with a hug.

"Oh knuckie! You came to visit me again!? I'm SO glad to see you." Rouge squealed as she hugged him tightly. She took a step back as she continued to speak. "So are you here to break me out? What's the plan? Talked to the lovely princess to set me free?"

"No." Knuckles folded his arms and looked at the floor. Rouge noticed his demeanor.
"What's wrong with you?" She sat on her bed.

Knuckles stood still as he kept his arms folded.
He glared coldly. Not saying a word.

"Oh. You're mad." She squints her eyes.

"Why do you keep doing this to yourself? Stealing one of the Sol Emerads? Really?"

"Oh so you're here to attack me over Blaze." Rouge rolled her eyes "I thought you were on my side."

"I've always been on your side-Rouge. I've always been there for you even when you do the most stupidest things!" Knuckles spoke through gritted teeth frustrated. "Even though you can be so delusional! But I can't say anything like that because I guess I'm delusional too.."  he mumbled the last sentence.

Rouge rolled her eyes again. "Psh you're not always there-"

"Yes I am! You can't even notice me being there  for you because you're always on Shadow's ass- when I am the one that cares!" He exclaims. "I care and I worry about you all the fucking time and you can't see that." Knuckles covers his face from his frustration.

He then took a sigh and spoke to himself
"I really like you Rouge-always have...and I've tried to..."

"What knuckie?" Rouge eyes widened.

He shook his head. "Ugh forget it. That's not why I am here. Blaze is most likely going to come in here and speak to you. Just. Please stop doing what you're doing. You can't keep doing the  petty theft thing. "

Knuckles sighs deeply again before turning to leave.
"Maybe I just need a break from all of this...again." He mumbles as he knocks on the door. A guard opens it to let him out. Before he stepped out completely he looks back to Rouge.
"I'm still on your side...just get your shit together."

Rouge sat on her bed and stared at her tea. She didn't know what to think. Has he really always been there?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of chapter~