Chapter 13: Late at night

*A couple of nights ago*

Shadow jolted from is bed. His  body was sweating, he felt like he could have a heatstroke. He breathed heavily as he clenched his chest.

He quickly and automatically went to his phone and checked it for notifications.
"I haven't had any orders from G.U.N?" He questioned his empty notifications. Usually he'd have specific instructions on his next training or an upcoming mission.

After a moment of thought he shook his head.
"Oh yeah.." he breathed out. He's in the Sol dimension visiting Blaze due to her letter invitation.
He looked at the guest bedroom he occupied which was fancy and definitely not the bunker he shared with Rouge.

Shadow then caught what he was doing, and what he just said. "Why am I so eager for orders from G.U.N?" He thought aloud.

Orders..

He doesn't follow orders from no one. So why?

"Something isn't right here." He sighed angrily.
His brain was foggy, he felt like he couldn't think straight.

Shadow sat at the edge of his bed and stared at the floor. He feels different. Like he isn't his normal self.
It's like he's missing something within him.
He thought quietly more, then picked his phone back up to look at the time..

4am.

"Fuck it." He grumbled, and walked out of his room.
The halls felt incredibly cold to him as he walked about. He started feeling better over the sweat he'd produced in his sleep.

His adventure ended when he stopped in front of a door. He lifted his hand as he was about to knock on the door.

Shadow then pulled away from the door.
"It's 4am she's probably sleep." He whispered.
He stood at the door not moving, but instead thinking.
"She has to know something.." he raised his fist again, ready to knock.

He paused again. Its four in the morning...
He sighed and knocked as quietly as possible on the large door.

Nothing.

He sighed and knocked again, this time louder.
Shadow waited and rolled his eyes at himself.

The door cracked open revealing Rouge.
She had her hair rolled up, and she was wearing her pajamas.

"Sh-shadow..?" She rubbed her eyes repeatedly.

Shadow looked silently at her, but a word wasn't needed. She quickly opened it wider welcoming him in.
Rouge sat on her bed and crossed her legs.
"So uh something bothering you, hedgy."

Shadow closes his eyes as he sighed.
"Something isn't right here..."

"Here in the Sol dimension? Something does feel off to me too-"

"Something is wrong with me...Rouge." Shadow cut her off. "I'm not feeling well I'm treating the others differently....I don't know why." He looked at the floor.

"Treating the others differently? Shadow you've been acting the same. You've always been this way. I don't see what you're talking about." Rouge shook her head confused on what he is trying to imply.

"Blaze and I are different..." Shadow kept his gaze on her.

Rouge mentally rolled her eyes but looked at Shadow with caring eyes. "That's what happens when people grow apart from each other hun."

"No..no. It's not that." He sighed.

Rouge let out a chuckle. "Oh, I'm sure you're just overthinking-"

"DONT!" Shadow yelled but stopped quickly.
"Don't just blow me off.." He said quieter.

Rouge jumped but then set a hand on her chin as she thought. "You're probably tense because you haven't trained in a while.."

"Why am I feeling this when I stopped training at G.U.N." Shadow asked himself.
Rouge raised a brow confused.

Shadow sighed deeply.
"Do you know what I did as soon as I woke up a few minutes ago? I checked my phone for ORDERS from G.U.N. I don't fucking work for them-and I already told them that I'm there to enhance my own skills.
NOT SOME PUPPY TO FOLLOW THEIR ORDERS."
He whispered screamed at Rouge as he paced about.

As she said nothing in return Shadow eyed her.

"Do you have any idea what could have been....done at G.U.N..." Shadow folded his arms as he leaned against a wall. He starred at Rouge intensely.

As Rouge looked away she could feel his stare
"No..."

"Nothing at All.. you have nothing." He raised his brow as he continued to stare daggers into the side of her head.

"No. Nothing...." Rouge glanced out her window. She then sighed and looked back to Shadow.
"but... I feel like you really have bettered yourself there, Shadow." Rouge stepped off her bed and took a step towards him.

"Really?"  He looked at the floor...

Rouge sat a hand on his shoulder.
"Absolutely, hun. and if you think I'm lying you can fight with sonic and see what I mean." She smiled softly.

"If you say so." Shadow sighed.

"I know so. Would I do anything to mess up our trust?" Rouge nodded confidently.

Shadow turned away. He didn't want to answer that.
"I'm going to bed.." he lied as he walked out of  Rouge's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Huh, interesting