Chapter 24: Up on the Balcony

Blaze stood still in her garden. She closed her eyes, and  took a few heavy breathes as she thought of how the meeting could possibly go with her parents.
"Oh shit." She whispered to herself. Just thinking about it made her shiver. She was so nervous.

"Ya got time for a chat?"

She quickly opened her eyes and turned around to see Sonic approaching her with a wave.
"Of course." Blaze smiled.

He stood by her side and sighed "So uh, how's it going? Have you talked to your parents yet?" Sonic asks Blaze.

"No, not yet. It's getting late now. I'm wondering what could be keeping them." She returned his sigh.

Sonic sat a hand on her shoulder and smiled.
"I'm sure it'll be alright. I can't lie though I'm a bit nervous for ya." He let out a chuckle.

Blaze let out a scoff as she nodded. She looked down at the flowers before her. "How is everyone els holding up?"
As in everyone she actually meant Shadow.

"Ah. Everyone's alright. We're all just relieved and worried at the same time.." Sonic shrugged. "Then there's shadow.." He trailed.
Blaze picked a flower and glances to Sonic. "Yes?"

Sonic shook his head "I think those chip thingies are still affecting him- he's acting weird again." He scratches the back of his head uneasy about that whole situation. "Tails says it shouldn't last long!" He puts his hands up trying to encourage Blaze. Sonic then glanced off in another direction.
"Shadow just makes me wanna punch him in the face when he acts like that. So that's why I'm here." He finished with a shrugged.

Blaze silently nods as she thought.
Sonic watched her as she did.
"Hey Blaze..." he trailed. Thinking of the right thing to say.

"Yes?" She glanced over to her friend.

"I want you to know that I'll always be here for you. No matter what happens I'm gonna keep fighting for your happiness.." Sonic smirked with determination.

In return Blaze smiled "Thank you, Sonic."

"But you gotta fight for it as well. Don't give up just yet. Okay?" He finished clenching his fist.

"Y-yes of course." Blaze nodded while she was stunned with his words.

The two looked at each other happily. Blaze was about to speak again but she was interrupted.

"Princess?" Marine approached the two.
"My apologies for interrupting, but your parents are requesting you in their sleeping chambers."
She bowed quickly before looking at Blaze uneasy.

"Really?" Blaze questioned Marine who nodded in response.

"Alright then." Blaze nodded then turned to Sonic. "Thank you Sonic. If you'd like to continue our talk later then we can."

"Whenever ya like. Good luck." Sonic waved as she left to meet with her parents.

~~~~~~~~~

"Mother. Father." Blaze peaked into her parent's bedroom. She appeared as requested. She was nervous for the conversation that is needed to be had. She knows they must be furious with what happened at the wedding.

"Flame.." her father was seated on their bed.
"Please have a seat." He patted on the bed beside him. Blaze took a seat and looked around the room. She froze whenever she noticed someone else in there. "Auntie! Um what is your reason for being here?"

Jennifer sat in a luxury chair comfortably as she played with her nails. "Well. I heard about this morning.." she trailed.

Then suddenly out of the bathroom walked out the Queen. She looked comfortable in her royal pajamas. "I told your aunt about the wedding and asked for her thoughts on the matter. She believed it should be a family conversation, which I agreed."
The Queen was the only one standing and she looked about the room.