Chapter 21: Reunited part 3

Shadow was in the infirmary of Blaze's Palace.
He'd been sleep since his encounter with Rouge that just happened an hour ago. He laid unconscious on his left side within the twin sized bed.
First he smelt a scent of lavender, but this wasn't just any lavender. This one was different, and familiar.

His eyes shot open  from the familiar scent but instantly was frozen when he noticed Blaze's right before his. He laid there still as he wondered why was she here with him. He shrugged it off and sat his right hand on her face.
He gently rubbed the side of her face as he closed his eyes calmly.

Blaze then opened her eyes surprise, but happy
By this gesture. She smiled as he looked so peaceful there- even if he was in an infirmary bed. Blaze missed this so much. They used to just lay in her bed while he talk about everything that annoyed him while she'd listened and offer peaceful ways to solve them. Then they fall into a long nap together until she'd kick him out to hurry and get home.

"Shadow." Blaze called softly. "Are you feeling okay?" She asked with a soft smile.

He opened his eyes and stared into hers silently.

"You've always had the same smell.." He spoke lowly. "Lavender-but different.."

"Thank you." Blaze let out a giggle. She then had a worried look that still brought Shadow some comfort. "Are you feeling alright?" She asked again.

"I..." he hesitated. "I'm okay."
Shadow put on a stern face as he tried to think.
"What..happened exactly? Where is Rouge?"

Blaze sat up from her comfort. Shadow does the same.
"Well. I ran out of the dungeon for you two. Then I saw Rouge drop kick you. You were out cold-as you would put it."

"Not my finest moment..." Shadow rolled his eyes while rubbing on his head.

"But that is what had my thinking." Blaze eyed him. "You and I both know she cannot kick you of all people so hard that you just pass out. It is weird." Blaze then got out of the bed and paced as she spoke.

"Agreed."

Blaze then continues " Sonic helped me get you here in the infirmary, I had a nurse tend to your ankle-which was fine."

Shadow nodded following her explanation.

"But then I had tails look it over thoroughly..." she paused. "Do you mind if I show you something?" Blaze asked as she gesture to his ankle.

"Go ahead."

Blaze then gently grazed his right ankle. Her gentle touch gave him chills. He didn't fill anything wrong.

"Here." Blaze stopped her finger in place. Shadow flinched suddenly and looked at her confused.

"What was that!?" He growled and looked at his right ankle closer to examine it himself.
He rubbed, grazed and felt all over his ankle but got nothing.

"Tails found something that resembles a microchip on your ankle. It appears to be clear so it it not so easy to see.." Blaze explained as she watched him search for it himself.

"You're fucking joking.." he growled as he continued to feel and search. "Your finger was right here, right?" He asked not believing her.

"Indeed. Right here." Blaze touch the small area which made him flinch again. She looked at him concerned and confused by this new technology.

Shadow touched the same exact area, but got nothing. He got more frustrated as he felt like he was crazy.

"I'll remove it-but it may hurt..is that okay?" Blaze spoke.