Chapter 15: frustrating yet at ease

Silver and Rouge stepped back in Scourge's office where there friends still waited.  Blaze and Scourge appeared to be still missing.

"Where did Blaze go?" Silver asked as he looked upon his friends.

Sonic rolled his eyes. "Scourge claimed he needed her for something..I'm still iffy bout him."

"Arent you always?" Amy raised a brow.

"Well..yeah." He shrugs as he huffed .

"I'm sure they'll be right back." Shadow sighed. "We we're still discussing the missing emerald. What were you saying about the company you had at the castle?"

Everyone looks over to Silver, while Rouge turned fully to him to see what his answer would be.

"It was nothing..." Silver sighed looking down as he fiddled with his gloves.

"Hmmm." Shadow stared at Silver suspiciously.

"Actually.." Silver groaned. "No. I don't think it's nothing. I gave Rouge a little tour of the kingdom- even the room where Blaze kept the Sol Emeralds.
Obviously I didn't know that's where she kept them-you guys believe me right?" Silver asked around.

"Of course we do.." Amy set a hand on Silver's shoulder as he seemed to be panicking.

"Yeah bud. We believe you. We're glad you said something."   Sonic smiled.

The group exchanged glances then looked at Rouge.

"What?" She frowned. "I didn't know where she kept those things-I wouldn't have known!"

Amy "Rouge.."

"C'mon! You guys don't trust me!? when have I ever deceived y-."

"I hope you don't finish that sentence...."  Sonic mumbles.

Rouge turns to Shadow
"Honey, I've come clean!"

"Don't call me that!" Shadow stepped closer towards Rouge. "You better be right. Chaos so help me if I found out that you put Blaze's whole Dimension into jeopardy because of your petty theft issues...." Shadow paused at his threat. "I'll leave It up to Blaze on how to deal with you."

"Let's give her the benefit of the doubt." Amy spoke uncomfortably. "Rouge is our friend-and has been for a while. Right guys?"

"Yeah.."Sonic agreed.

Rouge folded her arms. "Exactly!"

"I'm not blaming you." Silver looks to her worried.
" Please understand that, but Rouge this is a really important matter."

"Yeah..it's Blaze's job to protect them. I can't imagine how many times she told me how important they were to her." Sonic sighs. "We'll get to the bottom of it though! I'm sure of it-and it was probably someone els!" He nods confidently.

The door to the room opens revealing Blaze and Scourge.  Blaze look frustrated as he shook her head.
"It is time for us to take our leave, Marine called...and my parents are being held  hostage.."

"Oh no.." Amy whispered to Herself.

"Indeed. We must head back, so I can talk of negotiating with whoever is responsible." Blaze look at her friends with a bored yet annoyed expression on her face.

Everyone nodded.

"Mind if I join ya? I needa see who came up witha plan like this." Scouge chuckles.

Blaze glared at him briefly before answering. "That is fair."

The groups walked quickly out of the facility on their way back to the kingdom.

Sonic and Silver led the group as the rest followed.
Shadow and Blaze stayed in the back of the group.
Blaze knew her way back so she wasn't worried about getting left behind.

"I have some intel to tell you.." Shadow spoke lowly.

"Yes?" Blaze glances to her left where shadow walked.

"Silver told us not too long ago that  him and Rouge came here to visit you, but you weren't home. Silver took it upon himself to show her around anyways, and they stopped by your office.."

"Where I had my emeralds..." she whispered.

Shadow nodded before continuing.
"He claims he didn't notice her do anything, but still." Shadow shook his head.

Blaze did the same as she looked at the ground. "Oh Silver. I know he meant no harm. But Rouge."

"Yeah.."

Blaze quickly turned to Shadow as they walked. "Tell me, Ultimate Lifeform, do you trust her? After what she did?" She asked talking about Prom.

"Do you?" He put the same question on her.

"Not at all. She's a friend to you all, so I try to stay polite."

"You called that spar earlier polite?" Shadow smirks down at Blaze.

Blaze paused from the surprise comment. She let out a giggle as her face turned pink. "I tried ."

The two looked away for a moment. The silence grew for a moment until Shadow spoke again.

He looked back to his right to Blaze.
"To answer your question... we've been friends for a long time, and it's hard for me to see her do these things to you. But if she's behind this then... I'm 100% with whatever punishment you have for her." He spoke quietly and angerly.

"I'm glad you won't be against me." Blaze smiled lightly.

"I...never was." Shadow glared at her for even thinking that.

"For a moment it seemed you were." Blaze glanced away as she shrugged.

"Look. Like I said before something..is wrong with me, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it." Shadow sighed mostly now frustrated at himself now.

"We will get to the bottom of it." Blaze set a hand on Shadows back.   "Im glad you're back."

Shadow paused and look at her outreached arm before looking at her directly. "Glad to be back." He nodded honestly. "I feel like spending time with you both frustrates me and puts me at ease again."

" Is it?...what's going on in your head that's frustrating?"

"Very. We'll have to speak on this another time. Your parents may be in danger." Shadow noticed that the castle was coming near.

Blaze nodded "Agreed. Also, the feelings are mutual when it comes to spending time with you.." she ended with a smirk to him. She then raised her voice for her group to hear. "Everyone let's go through the front. I don't believe it would not be necessary to sneak back in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm alive❤️