Chapter 8: Burnt Out

The ball has kicked off and the group of unroalty sat at a rectangle table simular to the one they'd have at school. The obvious exception is that they look like they are worth thousands of dollars.

"What is this stuff?" Knuckles poked at his foreign food. "You guys been here right? Did you eat this stuff?"

"Well..we've never been to Darkmire.." Sonic laughed. "we had no idea that Perci's people ate uh..demon food."

" what's taken them so long.." Rouge sighed then looked down at her plate. The 'meat' looked like a beating heart. Well she could have sworn she saw it twitch.

"Shadz.." Sonic asked looking at Shadows plate.
"Where's your plate?"

At this question everyone looked at Shadows plate as well.. his food was gone..

Shadow was silent.

Everyone's jaws dropped in disgust at the ebony hedgehog.

"What?" He glared..

Before anyone could say anything Perci and Blaze walked up to the table.

"Hey guys! Finished with the rounds.. how's everything?" Perci smiled down at everyone at the table. "Wait.. why are you guys eating from the Demon buffet? You guys know that we have other foods, right?"

Everyone silently pushed their plates away even further away from them, and proceeded to get up from the table.

After Perci laughed he stepped forward with Blaze
"We have someone for you to meet! This is Cosmo Princess of Green Gate."

"Hello." Cosmo waved.

Blaze gestured to her friends. "I know its a lot of people to meet at once but I'm sure you'll get them down."

Blaze began introducing all of their friends individually to Cosmo in no specific order.

"And last but not least. This is tails! Unlike the rest of us is actually the same age as you."

"Hi Tails! Perci has told me a bit about you!"

"He did?" Tails glanced over Perci.

Perci sent him a quick wink.

"Indeed. I'm pleased to meet somone that also has interest in Biotech. it's honestly my strong suite."

"E-engineering is my strong suit but I am m-more than willing to enhance my knowledge on Biotech." He stammered out excitedly.

As the two continued to mingle and happily talk about things that no one else understood everyone else notices the beautiful music that was being played.

"This music sounds enchanting." Amy says lovingly "it's different than anything I have ever heard."

"I agree it's beautiful." Tikal smiled.

Silver moves to the side of Tikal and held out his hand  "Care to dance, my lady?"

"Of course." Tikal  nodded as she grabbed his hand, and went out to the dance floor with silver.

The group watched the two leave.

Blaze smiled as they left . "He has gotten more confident. I'm happy for him."

Perci felt a chill down his spine making him feel uncomfortable. After glancing out the corner of his eye he chuckled nervously. "Blazey, let's dance before my mom kills me...I can feel her intense glare." Perci stood up and dramatically held his hand out to her.