Opposites attract - Crimson x colorful!reader

Requested by: idkmanamhere67

Setting: The Ridonculous race 

You and Crimson were a stark contrast to each other. You dressed in bright colors, and were a ball of sunshine that lit up the room, while Crimson was goth, reserved and often seen as intimidating. When they say that opposites attract, you and Crimson are a good example of it. You often found the joy in little things, which Crimson admired about you. 

Sometimes, people were curious of how you two worked, but Crimson didn't care. She was drawn to your bright colors and your contagious energy. You complimented each other so well. 

Crimson watched you from a patch of grass she was sitting on with a small yet noticable smile on her face, as you were laughing uncontrollably at a joke that Kitty said. She was uncharacteristically moved by the scene and seeing you carefree and being yourself spread a strange warmth through her dark perspective of the world. 

Emma approached the three of you with an amusing expression. Emma asked Kitty, "Aww, why is Y/N laughing?"

Kitty smirked at Emma then replied, "Y/N laughs at everything. Watch." 

Kitty turned around, ready to tell another joke, but before she could even utter a word, you burst into another fit of uncontrollable laughter. Kitty couldn't help but laugh along. Emma rolled her eyes at the sight, giving you and Kitty an amusing smile. 

Kitty noticed Crimson's gaze on you then nudged Emma, with a knowing smile. "Looks like someone's smitten." 

Crimson blushed slightly, which suprised Kitty and Emma, but quickly composed herself then approached you. She spoke in her usual low and serious voice, "What's so funny?" 

Kitty, who was still giggling was about to explain, when you chuckled and wrapped your arms around Crimson's waist. "Kitty is just.. Too damn funny."

Crimson looked at you, her arms wrapping tighter around you. "Is that so?" Her voice softened a bit, which was only noticable and reserved for you. 

You nodded, your laughter subsiding a bit. You looked at Crimson with a smirk, "Yes, but you're funnier!" You gave Crimson a playful nudge. 

Crimson raised an eyebrow, with a small smirk forming on her lips, "Am I?" 

These simple, sweet moments were what made her relationship with you, despite your contrasting personalities work so well.