Matchmaker - Lorenzo x reader

Requested by: yamichy

Setting: High school 

Lorenzo had been crushing on you for months already and he shared a close friendship with you. He kept his crush to himself, not only out of fear or rejection, but because he didn't know how to approach you about it. 

You, on the other hand, felt the same way about Lorenzo and were more obvious about your feelings than him. You wished Lorenzo could see that but he could be oblivious sometimes. 

One day, Lorenzo decided to ask Chet for advice on how to approach you. While this was happening, you happened to be sitting nearby, close enough to hear their conversation. 

"I just really like Y/N, dude, and I don't know how to tell her because she's like super hot! Can you help me?" Lorenzo admitted, a light blush on his face. 

"Man, I don't know. Just don't act like a total dork and tell her how you feel." Chet replied, feeling sort of happy that his step brother came to him for help. However, in the middle of his discussion, he glanced at you from behind Lorenzo, noticing you were listening and had a bright blush of your own. He smirked, then turned Lorenzo around to face you. 

Lorenzo's heart dropped and he tried to stammer an explanation. Before he could form a coherent sentence, you pulled him into a hug, causing him to blush even harder. 

"I feel the same way. I thought it was obvious." You chuckled, sheepishly, as you pulled away.

"I didn't want to get the wrong message, especially since you're so cute. Lorenzo admitted, giving you a warm smile. 

You giggled then held out your hand, "So it's a date then?"

Lorenzo nodded, his smile growing wider. "Yes, it is."

You and Lorenzo walked away from school, leaving Chet there with an amused grin.