Jacket - Tyler x reader

Requested by: Huckleberry-hounds

Setting: Dj's house

Tyler had always been a dear friend of Dj's since their days on Total Drama. Dj decided to invite Tyler over to a family gathering, so they could hang out and catch up after not seeing each other for a year since the show ended. Tyler was thrilled to meet Dj's family, since Dj has always been a family oriented person. 

Just as everyone was eating and hanging out, that was when Tyler noticed you standing outside alone, drinking soda, deep in thought. 

Dj noticed Tyler was looking at you, so he playfully nudged him. Tyler snapped out of his thoughts, then asked Dj if it was okay to talk to you, since you were only a year older than them. Dj just gave Tyler a knowing smile, giving you both some space. 

"You're beautiful." Tyler blurted out, then felt himself start to blush. 

You stopped drinking your soda, taken aback. "Thanks, I guess." 

Tyler tried to move closer to you to impress you and make a conversation, but to his shock, he ended up accidentally knocking your soda onto you. Tyler had always been naturally clumsy. 

"What the hell?" You snapped, cringing at the feeling of your sticky shirt against your skin. 

"I'm.. I'm so sorry!" Tyler stammered, concern etched on his face. He took off his red jacket, then handed it to you. "Here, you can use this."

You raised an eyebrow, skeptically taking the jacket from him. "I'm going to clean up. Be right back."

After you went to the bathroom, Tyler leaned back against the wall in guilt. He never meant to mess up, he just found you very pretty. After five minutes, you came back, wearing his jacket zipped all the way up, with your drenched shirt in your hand. 

"Since you're making me borrow your jacket for tonight, why don't we get to know each other?" You asked, causing him to look up in surprise.

Tyler nodded, giving you a shy smile. "I would like that."

You and Tyler spent the next hour talking and getting to know each other more, feeling an unexpected connection. Dj would come by to check on the two of you, and he gave playful tips about you and Tyler going on a first date. 

Soon, the night came to an end and to you and Tyler's sadness, you had to part ways. 

"You can just give my jacket to me back tomorrow." Tyler told you, smiling sheepishly. "After all, it was my fault I ruined your shirt."

You chuckled, then teasingly replied back, "Does this mean we'll be seeing each other more often?"

Tyler nodded, pulling you into a hug. You smiled, leaning against his chest, feeling flustered that all of this started with a simple jacket. 

Dj watched you two from a distance smirking proudly to himself. He was excited to see your new beginning with Tyler blossom.