Chapter 33

I walked up to Clay's door and knocked. He answered it and looked startled to see me standing on his front porch. "Can I come in?" I asked trying to keep up the nerve to do this. He stepped back and opened the door farther so I could walk in. "Of course." Once inside I looked around to make sure She wasn't in here. He must have noticed. "She's not here." I looked back at him and nodded. He started to talk but I cut him off. A tear rolled down my cheek as I started talking. I quickly brushed it away. "My life is stressful. I don't remember anything from when I was 13 til I was 17 and that scares me. It's hard to not be able to live with my parents and feel normal. And it's really hard to trust anybody anymore. But what's harder than anything is hating you...I don't want to hate you anymore." I told him. Now in tears. He came closer and wrapped his arms around me. I moved so I could look up at him. He looked down at me with those beautiful blue eyes and I brought his face down so it met with mine. After a few minutes I broke away. He looked at me and smiled; I smiled at him and walked out the front door and back to my car.

* * * * * * * *

"You did what?!" Margret shouted at me from the other side of the table. I shushed her and took a sip of my steaming coffee. "I didn't want too, but I couldn't do it anymore." I explained. She sighed. "Y'all are so confusing." I shrugged. "I mean I love him. I don't want to, but I do. It's true though. I don't want to hate him. I'm not asking him to leave Ashley though. I wont be the person that breaks up a marriage. I mean I'd love to be with him, but maybe Ashley is right. Maybe a part of him does love her, and if he does then he needs to figure that out." I told her. "So what does this mean?" She asked. "This means I'm backing off and giving him a choice." She nodded taking the last drink of her coffee. "Ready to go?" She asked getting up. I took one final sip of coffee and jumped up following her out of the coffee shop and to the car.