|The Rising of the Shield hero - End |

♕Question of the day: Brains or brawn?♔

(3rd person POV) (hehe this is part 69)

"So, get in, get necklace, get out. Easy plan." You speak to Kai in your temporairy cave home.

"Sounds like a familiar plan, last time you did that, you punched a noseless guy in the nose." Kai speaks back in an unuamused manner, like some sassy teen with a lollypop in his mouth.

"That.. Was diffrent!" You argue back, a bit embarrased to remeber that you beat up an old wizard dude.

"Was it, was it really?" Kai asks you with an unamused expresion on his shadowy face. You punched trough his face as you were done talking to your questionable voice of reason.

The shadow dissapears and you pack your little bag. Ready to go steal your stuff back from Naofumi.

So like a real idiot, you just flew out and looked down upon the lands to peers over it all like a hawk, but.... your sight wasn't as great. So you were starting to see the main problem with your plan.

Find Naofumi and friends.

You scanned the grounds below with your (e/c) eyes, darting your attention to every moving thing. But to no avail, it's just animals.

If you didn't see those three any time soon... You didn't know if you could keep your cool.

It was.... strange. You temper had never been this easily disturbed. You just felt the need to destroy things.... It was unnatural for you. Like a spike of anger, frustaration... fear.

You've felt helplesness before... It wasn't that. You knew you could easily beat Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo up. All three at once too.... But you felt... angry at this betrayal.

This... Is the first time you've truly been betrayed by people you trusted.

And it sucked.

No, it even.. stung. Deep down, in that rotten heart of yours. It actually stung.

Perhaps that what you deserve for all the murder you've caused upon the monsters of this world....

You eventually land on the grassy plain below, taking a little break from using your powers. You take some deep breaths, breathing in the evening air. You've been flying around for hours now. Still no trace of the group...

This task was proving to be quite troublesome.

That is, untill miraculously, you heard the grass behind you be disturbed. Your ears twitched and you turned your head to come face to face with none othe then Naofumi.

The man had his hands ready to.. to grab you.

He froze up as he saw you looking straight into his eyes. You two were a couple of meters away from eachother. Naofumi had been sneaking up on you like some predator in a documentairy.

He was... going to grab you.

"Y/N.... Please.. Let me help you." The shield hero attempted to lull you to him using sweet words.

You remained silent and your gaze grew colder. Staring at the man clad in green and leather.

The grass plain remained silent, only the wind and the breathing of you and the man you've grown to be wary off sounded. You were pretty sure there was a bug crawling up your leg but it was important that you didn't move a muscle.

It's like both of you were waiting for the others first move...

The seconds felt like hours, ticking away untill the tension exploded.