Yoink

Question of the day: If a zombie apocolypse were to break out and your best friend got bit, what would you do with them?

(3rd person POV)

"Y/N, hand me the rope." Noafumi intructed you and you used your powers to float the rope over to him. You were holding a tent up so going over personally wasnt a good idea.... And I mean, you were finally at a point that made uing your powers easier then doing it yourself, so why not just enjoy that?

"Youre very lazy...." Filo says from next to you, she's holding like three twigs....

"Says the one who's been standing next to me with some twogs for the next twenty minutes...." You groan at the blonde child. She sticks her tongue out to you and waves the stick infront of your face as if you'd get exited and go catch it.

You look down at her with an unimpressed face and she evntually huffs and walk away to go pester someone else.

You stand there for a bit longer to hold up the tent untill Naofumi gives you the signal to let go, the tent now stable.

You take a step back and wave your sleeping hand around. A nice big tent. You know what else is big? Shut up.

The sun was already beginning to set again. That feeling of being watched hedn't gone away since last night.... But whatever, you were probably just tired. Right? Right?!

You eventually sat down beside Raphtalia at the campfire and you could see Melty roast some fish above the fire for you all. What a nice little system you all had.

"Hey so, you guys wanna tell spooky stories?" You ask and Filo looks at you curiously. "I'll go first." Naofumi quickly claims... Wich you found unexpected.

You nod and your ears twitch as you listen to him attentivly. Naofumi starts off. "So, one day, on a clouded night, a group of adventurers sat around a campfire. The forest around them was quiet an dark. The wind went silent and not a single word could be heard..." He tells and you can already tell he's trying to make you all scared of your own circumstances since it was true that you guys sat on a darl forest.

The tale continues and the main characters' friends die and the main character has to run trough the woods. He encounters a large glowing white knight that promises to take him to safety only for him to get trapped in it's armour and molten into the being, now trapped as part of it forever! How spooky, you were sure it had a certain life lesson.

The kids seem terrified and you could tell you were going to get your arms taken as hold-ons tonight...

"Alright. Sleepy time now, get in the tent." Naofumi laughs a bit as he sees what an impact his story had on Filo and Melty. You four all obloge and get in the tent. You lay down in your usual spot and quickly get joined by Filo and Melty. Raphtalia smiles at the sight and pats your head as a goodnight gesture before she lays down aswell. A minute or two later you fall asleep. Naofumi would keep guard, switching with Raphtalia at some point.

(??? POV)

This was it. That slave of Naofumi has fallen asleep while on watch! She may be too far gone for me to save but that new one still has a chance! I'll take great care of you wolf demi-human! I promise! Just come with your dear Motoyasu and I'll keep you safe!

I sneak over to their campsite, taking a good look at Raphtalia to make sure she was asleep before i snuck further towards the tent. My dear demi-human must be in there!