Ooh All Night (49)

Saturday 30th September - The last 24 hours before everyone will set off on tour

Shania was very tired when her alarm clock went off this morning. She was up at 4am last night packing for the tour so she didn't sleep much last night. When she sat up in bed and checked her phone, she saw how messy her bedroom floor was. The whole floor was covered in clothes, shoes and random other items that she had found at the back of her wardrobe such as clothes from when she was a child which don't even fit her anymore. Shy quickly jumped in the shower and shovelled her clothes under her bed before grabbing her guitars and driving to Hot Money Studios. Shy parked her car and walked inside. She was tired and not really focusing on anything so as she locked her car and walked across the centre of the car park, she nearly got hit by Sean's car. Sean put his foot on the breaks as quickly as he could so he didn't hit her though.

"Damn it, Shania!" He shouted from inside the car. Shy stared at him and then saw Johnny open his door and get out of one of the back seats. He seemed shocked to see that she walked out in front of a car. He walked up to her but didn't get close enough to touch her in case one of his band mates saw and thought he was trying to do something to her.

"Shania, are you ok?" Johnny did the cute head tilt thing like he did when they met at the O2 months ago.

"I'm fine..."

Johnny took a tiny step forward and tried to focus on her eyes. They looked red and bloodshot. "Are you sure? Your eyes look tired. Haven't you slept?"

"I-I have. Just not much..."

"How long?"

"Since around 4:30am last night till 7:30am."

"Darling, that isn't enough sleep, especially before the tour." Johnny took another tiny step forward.

"It's fine. I think part of me is just nervous about it, I'll be ok." Shania walked onwards, but Johnny stopped her.

"Shania, aren't you forgetting something?" Shania turned around and frowned at him, "Your guitars?"

"Ohhh, yes. They are in the back of my car." Shania walked back to her car and pulled out her guitars. Johnny helped her and then he waved at Sean to get his attention so he could help carrying Shy's guitars into the studio.

Everyone signed in and walked into studio 2. Already in the studio were Joe Perry, Buck Johnson and Chris Wyse. They all seemed to tense up once they saw that Johnny had arrived. Chris took one for the team first and stood up. He grab a stool for Shania to sit on and he moved it next to him. Sean dumped her guitars on the floor then stood by the door.

"Are you staying, Sean?" Joe asked him.

"Yeah, John and I thought that it'd be best if I stayed and made sure John didn't do anything bad."

"Awesome."

As they all sat and chilled before the others arrived, Shania, Glen, and Johnny's phone buzzed. It was an email notification from Wayne Havoc's (Shania's fathers) emailing list. It said something about him going on tour himself.

"My dad seems to be going on tour the same time as us..."

"Hmm, it seems like it. Has he mentioned it to you, Shania?" Glen asked while he also stared at his phone.

"Nope, but I'm not surprised. He hates me and thinks I'm useless so I'm not surprised that he's trying to steal the lime light from the Hollywood Vampires. This sucks..."

"It's fine. We are cooler than him, Shania." Johnny said with a smile. The smile was only brief for obvious reasons.

Eventually everybody else arrived and the rehearsals started by a meeting. "So, guys, as you can all see, Johnny is back. A round of applause for him?" Alice, Shania and Joe clapped, but nobody else did. "...ok then. And Sean is here, clap for him?" A few more people clapped including Johnny, Shania, Glen, Chris, Buck and Tommy this time. "Anyway, let's get cracking! Johnny, I actually want you to listen to Shania's version of 'Heroes' that she did for us a last Thursday.

"What, really?" Shania was surprised. "I know that you told me it was good, but I doubt Mr Depp wants to listen to it for no reason-"

"Nah, I want to hear it. Go for it. I'll sit and watch it."

"Oh, ok then..." Shy was nervous, but she gave it her best go.

"I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day"

"And you, you can be mean
And I, I'll drink all the time
'Cause we're lovers, and that is a fact
Yes, we're lovers, and that is that"

"Though nothing will keep us together
We could steal time just for one day
We can be heroes forever and ever
What d'you say?"

"I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim"

"Though nothing, nothing will keep us together We can beat them forever and ever Oh, we can be heroes just for one day"

"I, I will be king And you, you will be queen Though nothing will drive them away We can be heroes, just for one day We can be us just for one day"

"I, I can remember (I remember)
Standing by the wall (By the wall)
And the guns shot above our heads (Over our heads)
And we kissed as though nothing could fall (Nothing could fall)"

"And the shame was on the other side
Oh, we can beat them forever and ever
Then we could be heroes just for one day"

As soon as Shy finished singing, she opened her eyes and stared at Sean, Johnny and Alice. They all clapped for her. Shy took her guitar off her shoulder and left the recording booth and greeted them.

"So you liked it?" She asked them all even though she mainly focused on Johnny.

"It was pretty amazing, Ms Havoc." Sean said with a smile.

"That was fucking awesome, Shania." Alice replied.

Johnny seemed nearly lost for words, "Shit, Shania, that was brilliant."

Shania smiled at him. "Thanks. I wouldn't say it was too great though..." Shania then stopped talking and yawned a giant yawn. She covered her mouth and screwed her eyes up. "Sorry about that."

"Are you tired, Shania?" Alice asked.

"A little, but I'm ok-"

"Alice, Sean nearly hit Shania with his car in the parking lot this morning." Johnny informed him. "She barely slept last night..."

"I'm fine..."

"Nah, if you're tired enough to nearly walk in front of a car I recommend you go home and rest until this afternoon!" Alice told her. He stood up and tried to push her towards the studio door.

"No, I'm fine, I swear. I just need something to wake me up a little."

"Sean, get Shania a coffee-" Johnny said, but before he could finish Shy stopped him.

"I hate coffee. You know that, Johnny."

"Yeah, but if you're tired-"

Chris left the recording booth and stepped in, "Johnny, if Shania says she's ok then she's ok."

"Back off." Johnny challenged him. "Don't tell me what to do-"

"Or else what?" Chris replied.

"Boys, please don't fight over me. I said was fine and I mean it. Maybe I should just sit down for a few minutes. I'm sure I'll feel more awake soon."

Alice helped Shania walk towards his stool. "Maybe I should have someone fetch you a glass of water-"

"I'll go and ask the receptionist!" Sean said then left. Sean then returned with a little cup of water for Shania.

"Thanks, Mr Sean." Shy took the little cup of water and sipped it. While she relaxed for a few minutes, Johnny and the other boys rehearsed some more...