Valerie (33)

After lunch everyone got back to work. Johnny sang the lyrics to 'Time' and 'Stars', again, they were two of Shy's most loved songs from '18' so Shy was thrilled to hear them again, even though her current feelings towards Johnny were mixed. Then it was time for the last song, 'Schools Out'. 

"...School's out for summer
School's out forever
I'm bored to pieces"

"No more pencils, no more books

No more teachers, dirty looks
Out for summer, out 'til fall
We might not come back at all"

"School's out for summer (detention)

School's out forever
School's out with fever
School's out completely
School's out for summer..."

Alice was amazing. To finish the 5th session off, he asked the others if they wanted to have dinner together tonight, "Guys, how about to celebrate a nice week of work, we all go out for dinner together?"

"Sure, man."

"Awesome."

"Fine with me, man."

"Sounds good, Alice."

"I like that idea, Shania?" Joe turned to Shy.

"Sure..." Shy looked at everyone who was currently staring at her and then directly at Johnny. "I mean, Johnny and I are going out for breakfast tomorrow so I doubt he'd want to be stuck with me for two full days back to back..."

"Nah, I'd actually quite like that." He confessed. At first he said it very coolly until what he said must have sunk into his brain, which ended with him face slowly turning red with embarrassment. "I mean, spending time with all of my friends is quite pleasant so why wouldn't hanging out with Shy also be pleasant?" He added, just to try and defuse any thoughts in the other guy's minds that might link to his true feelings for her.

This all actually made Shy smile at Johnny in a way she hadn't for a few days, (which felt like an eternity for Johnny). Johnny took a baby step towards her and his sweaty heat blasted her with warmth. Watching Johnny low key flirt then panic and get red cheeks probably made Shy smile too much to be honest, but none of the others seemed to notice her reaction as much as they did to Johnny.

"Good point, man." Alice added. "How about we all meet at The Shard tonight at 7:30pm?"

"Alright, man."

"Good." Everyone agreed to meet Alice at The Shard in London for dinner. Then everyone went their separate ways again.

On their way out of Hot Money Studios, Shy stood close to Johnny even though she had no reason to. He instinctively used his left hand to creep around her back and rested his hand on her waist, just to make sure she wouldn't walk out in front of a car or anything. Shy felt Johnny tug on her waist and happily took a side step towards him, again, being hit with a warm flush of air as her right arm brushed up against the side of his torso. She suddenly felt out of breath, but spoke anyway, all while Johnny navigated Shy across the car park towards her car. "Mr Depp... I-"

"Here you are. Are you alright?" He interrupted her. Honestly, he barely heard her start speaking due to the busy cars driving around the local roads and the car park as people were leaving. Johnny was also partly lost in his own thoughts about Shy to even realise anybody was speaking to him.

"Yes, Johnny..."

"Yes? You seem out of breath, are you quite alright?" He stared straight at her face. Their slight height difference made this even cuter. He didn't need to look down on her, but he did adjust his posture slightly to he could look directly at her. There wasn't much distance between each other and Shy's back was very much up against the car door.

"I will look forward to seeing you tonight..." She blurted out. It wasn't exactly what she wanted to tell him, but at least it wasn't as bold as what her brain was truly thinking as Johnny's hot breath flew around her body every time he spoke.

"Thank you."

"What should I wear?"

"I'd suggest a dress, sort of like what you wore to my hotel room a few days ago. The Shard is pretty fancy, but honestly, anything you could wear would surfiest."

Damn it, the way Johnny spoke these days made Shy melt. She giggled a little then replied, "Thanks. Johnny, would you like to come to my house tomorrow or tonight, or whenever?"

"To do what?" He said. His little puppy dog eyes made Shy's heart ray and as he stared at her waiting for a reply, he tilted his head like a little puppy confused would, just as he did when he met her at the O2 in London.

"Erm... nothing crazy. My dad will be out and my brother will be at boarding school... We can do anything."

Johnny's inquisitive face turned into a smile. "Alright, only if you're sure." As he spoke he grabbed her wrists and glided his fingers up to her elbows. "I better call Sean and ask him to collect me."

"I can take you back to the hotel, Johnny. Please let me help."

"Alright then, do you remember the way?"

"Yes. It is only down the street."

*

Shy parked the car in the hotel car park as Johnny took his seat belt off. "Thanks for driving me."

"No problem. I'll see you at The Shard tonight then."

"Alright." Without thinking, Johnny leaned into Shy and nearly bumped noses with her. He then backed away and awkwardly smiled. "Sorry, are you hurt?"

"No. You just took me by surprise. Anyway, you better get inside before the hoards of fans see us in a car together and make a nasty rumour about us."

"Yeah, good point. See you tonight."

"Bye."

Johnny got out and walked inside the lobby. Shy then drove home.

*

Shy looked all over her bedroom for the perfect dress for tonight. She had no idea what to pick even though she had plenty of options. She knew that it needed to be big and fancy, but she wasn't even sure what fancy people even wore to fancy restaurants. She kept searching through her room until she found a dress that she hadn't worn in years, probably since her sisters wedding a few years ago. It was a little tight, but it did mostly fit good.

The front of the dress was fitted higher than the back and the skirt part was layered

The front of the dress was fitted higher than the back and the skirt part was layered. The colour way navy blue and she felt that even though it was a few years old  it was still age appropriate for her. She paired it with a leather jacket because she had nothing else which would suit well with the dress. She put on some beige tights underneath and wore some navy blue heels. She then started her make up and tried to match the dark look with blue eye shadow and dark lips and eyeliner. Then she was ready to go. 

A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating this story very often. I'm just unmotivated to write it compared to my other fics.