Poison (32)

Today was Friday, the end of the 1st rehearsal week. They only had a couple weeks left until October when the USA Vampire's tour would start. The tickets for each venue were getting snapped up very quickly which made Shy's anxiety go through the roof. At least she and the other boys had 2 days off now until doing rehearsals again on Monday.

*

Johnny felt nearly as worried as Shy did. Since the night of the kiss, Johnny found himself pacing his hotel room every morning before going to Hot Money Studios and every evening before bed. Then, this morning, he remembered that he invited Shy to go to the little, local quiet pub again for some food, but since then he'd scared Shy off and she'd barely looked at him twice since rehearsals last Tuesday. "CRAP!" Just as he said that Sean and Malcolm knocked on his door and Johnny invited them in, they could both tell Johnny's day wasn't going well and it wasn't even 8am yet.

"What's up? We heard you shouting before we even knocked on the door." Malcolm told him.

"I invited Shy to go to that little pub near my house this weekend and now she fucking hates me."

"So cancel. She'll understand."

"But Joe told me that she told him that she likes me back, but isn't ready for a relationship... I'm only going to hurt her more..." He sounded like a whiny baby.

"Dude, you've got a nice young lady that likes you, make the most of it!"

"Pfffttt... She won't even speak to me. You should see her face as we sing together, she dodges my eye contact constantly while we sing. She won't even look at me and smile like she used to."

"Just give her time. Either cancel or remind her of the date. Just go on a 'friend date' like last time." Sean told him. "Tell her you've lost your feeling about her and tell her you're better off as friends then invite her to the pub again as friends and BOOM, you go to the pub this weekend as BFFs."

"She won't even look at me..."

"Text her or trick her. Tell her you have an emergency and tell her to meet you outside of the studio in a little while and tell her then." Malcolm suggested.

"Ok, I'll text her now."

J: Shy, I have an emergency situation, please meet me outside of the studio at 7:30. xxx

S: What is it?

J: I can't tell you. Just meet me in the parking lot at 7:30am.

S: Ok.

"She agreed to meet me." He updated the boys.

"Good, now let's go."

*

Sean dropped Johnny off outside of Hot Money Studios. "Do you want Malcolm and I to come in with you?"

"No, but let's all wait here for Shania to arrive."

Within 10 minutes, Shania drove into the car park and got out of the car. She looked around for Johnny and then saw him leaving Sean's car as Sean and Malcolm drove off. Johnny walked over to her, but kept his distance. It didn't seem like anyone else had arrived yet.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." She replied, dodging his eye contact like usual."

"On Monday I asked if you wanted to go to the little pub near my house this weekend."

"Yes, I remember."

"Do you still feel comfortable going?"

"I don't know..."