All Star (20)

The boys ordered some Domino's pizza. Most of the boys got a pizza and garlic bread, but Shania and Johnny only got a pizza. Shania didn't want to her garlic bread and then get bad breath just in case any of the boys wanted her to sing for them again. Once the pizza arrived everyone moved to sitting in the dining room rather than the living room. Shania sat between Alice Cooper and Tommy and funnily enough, Johnny sat opposite her with Malcolm opposite Alice and Sean opposite Tommy. A few of the boys seemed to be eating their pizza's like wild animals where's a couple of them ate in a lot more civilised type of way.

As they continued to eat, Alice asked Shania something. "Shania, since you grew up in an all girls school as a teen, did you ever date anyone as you grew up?"

"Erm, a little. I had one boyfriend at one time, but he only lasted a short time. I actually wrote a few songs about him in the past but we are totally over each other now. We met when I was 16, but broke up last year."

"Hmm, not seen anyone else you like the look of?" Joe asked.

Shy didn't look at Johnny at all which was hard because he was sat opposite her staring, "Not recently, no."

"I'm sure you will in time. I wonder if you'll end up meeting someone on tour. My wife loves trying to be a match maker for people." Alice joked.

"Hmm maybe. I'm ok on my own for now though. My dad has never been impressed by my taste in men anyway."

A couple of the men  chuckled. "Dads never are." Chris added "Neither are moms."

After dinner, a few of the boys went outside for some fresh air and a few stayed inside. Joe grabbed one of Johnny's guitars and sat on the sofa with Sean and chatted to him.  Shania helped Johnny with throwing away the empty pizza boxes and cleaned the table.

"You don't need to do that, Shania." Johnny told her. "I can do it."

"I want to help you." This was the first time they chatted since the last time Shy was here. "What would you like me to do now?"

"Nothing, you can do whatever you like here."

"Can I play guitar?"

"Sure. My acoustic one if near the stairs."

"Thanks." Shania grabbed Johnny's guitar and sat at the bottom of the stairs and played an acoustic slow version of 'All Star' by Smash Mouth. She only sang a little and tried to be as quiet as she could so she wouldn't disturb anyone.

As Johnny cleaned part of the kitchen and poured himself a glass of rum, he kept hearing the tune from Shy. He peaked at her from the kitchen and saw her strumming along with her head down. It also seemed that Joe and Sean had stopped talking and started listening too.  Johnny stepped out of the kitchen and walked back to the living room. He sat back down and looked over at Shania. The song went on forever, but nobody minded. Once Shy was finished she looked up and saw that Johnny, Joe and Sean were staring at her.

"Hi..."

Joe, Johnny and Sean all stood up and clapped her, similarly to how they all did when she performed Heroes for them at the o2.

"Very good, Little Havoc!" Joe exclaimed. "Encore!"

"What do you guys want to here me sing next?"

"May I suggest a Bowie song?" Johnny suggested.

"I can do 'Starman'."

"Do it." Everyone sat back down again and Shania strummed the song.

Shania didn't want to sing the full song with everyone looking at her so she focused on the chorus instead.

"There's a starman waiting in the sky

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie."

"I had to phone someone so I picked on you

Hey, that's far out, so you heard him too
Switch on the TV, we may pick him up on channel two
Look out your window, I can see his light
If we can sparkle he may land tonight
Don't tell your poppa or he'll get us locked up in fright"

"Starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie

La, la, la, la-la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la-la, la, la, la"

Once Shania was done the boys stood up again and gave her a round of applause.

"Another encore?" Joe asked. By this time the boys outside must have heard the clapping and wondered what was happening.

"What's all the clapping about?" Alice asked.

"It's Shania. She is performing a little gig  for us." Joe told them. Glen, Chris, Tommy and Alice walked in and sat back down.

"What have you already played for the boys, Shania?"

"Only some Smash Mouth and Bowie. Nothing crazy..."

"How about some of 'White Rabbit' by Jefferson Airplane?" Tommy asked. "I saw yours and Johnny's cover of it and I wondered if you'd both like to perform it for us? I'll film it for ya and I'll post it online to show of your skills to a broader audience if you like."

"Erm..." Shania looked over at Johnny. "Only if Mr Depp wants to." Everyone turned to stare at Johnny.

"I suppose I could." I'll grab another guitar from upstairs.

When Johnny came back down Shania and him moved to sit on the sofa so Joe and Sean moved out of the way.

"Ok, so, 1...2...1...2...3...4..."

"One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall..."