Perfect Illusion (37)

Sean drove them back to Shania's house and the pair walked straight inside and sat down on the sofa together. "I am so sorry about last night, Mr Depp." Shy went back to calling Johnny sir again under the circumstances.

"It's ok."

"But I made you feel bad. Do you feel like  I invaded your privacy?"

"No, I only felt bad because you were drunk and didn't know what you were doing to me. What if I was stupid and let it carry on... like what if I carried you to your bed and you and I... slept together. I'd have never have forgiven myself..."

Shania hadn't even thought about that. She reached over to Johnny and held his left hand with both of her hands. "I am so sorry."

"It's ok-"

"Mr Depp, I won't let it happen again. I don't know what might have come over me to make me think that touching you all over and kissing you would be an ok thing to do, but I won't ever let myself do that to you or any else again... did Mr Sean or Mr Malcolm see it?"

"No, god no."

"...What if one of them brought me in here and I did it to them.... they'd have killed me..."

"No, baby, don't worry." Johnny held Shania close and stared at her in the eyes, "Don't worry, ok? Let's just forget it ever happened."

"Ok. If I were you I'd run a mile, Mr Depp... I'd feel disgusted by me. I bet you're going to tell my dad that I'm a creepy sexual assaulter..."

Johnny put his hand over her mouth to shut her up, "Miss Shania Havoc, don't you fucking dare call yourself that. You are in no way a sexual abuser, you hear me? You are a good young lady and you could never hurt a fly." Shania low key liked how Johnny was so stern with her, "Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir." She still felt really bad about herself though.

Johnny took his hand off Shy's mouth and tried to forget about everything. "Anyway, what do you want to do now?"

"I don't know. How about we do some karaoke? Like just you and me singing songs?"

"Really?" Johnny said, raising his eyebrows. "I wouldn't say I'm good enough to sing karaoke with. Perhaps I could just watch you sing?"

"Fine, but you need to suggest songs for me to sing." Shania stood up and linked her phone to the TV in the living room. She then waited for Johnny to make his decision, "Suggest me a song."

"Ok. How about... a girly song."

"Like what?"

"I don't know... maybe Lady Gaga. I bet you like her, don't you?"

"Yeah, she's pretty good."

"Good. Now sing one of her songs."

Shania typed in 'Lady Gaga' into the YouTube search box and looked for a karaoke version of one of her songs. "I could do a song from her Joanne album."

"Ok."

"'Perfect Illusion' is probably my favourite. Do you want me to do that song, Johnny?"

"Sure." Johnny seemed bewildered by all of the songs. He could probably only name a handful of Lady Gaga songs so he just took Shania's word for it.

"Ok. Here it is." Shania pressed play and tried her best to sing it.

"Tryin' to get control
Pressure's takin' its toll
Stuck in the middle zone
I just want you alone
My guessing game is strong
Way too real to be wrong
Caught up in your show
Yeah, at least now I know"