The Divine Confrontation - The Rising of Calamity

After the events of the last chapter

Two weeks had passed

Sanada and Yosuke were playing chess in front of a wooden lodge in a small town

A woman opens the door next to them and says, 'I brought some tea.'

Sanada: Thank you, ma'am.

Yosuke: I appreciate you letting us stay.

Woman: Oh, don't mention it. I couldn't leave children alone.

Well, I'm already 39 years old - Yosuke thinks to himself.

At that moment, Mitsuki appears - Have you seen Sarada?

Sanada: The last time I saw her, she was near the waterfall.

Mitsuki: Thank you.

Sanada: You're welcome.

Mitsuki heads towards the waterfall.

Yosuke: Checkmate.

Sanada: What?

POV Sarada

I was sitting on a rock by the lake, tossing pebbles with a hint of frustration, trying to skip them across the water. I threw the pebble accurately, but it sank without causing any ripples.

Darn it - I muttered to myself, my voice tinged with a mix of resignation and admiration. - He's always been better than me at this game.

With a deep sigh, I hugged my knees, resting my head on them. The gentle breeze blowing by the lake made my hair sway gently. The surroundings were serene, with the sun painting the sky in shades of orange and pink as it approached the horizon. The sun's reflection on the water's surface created a spectacle of dancing lights.

As I gazed at the rippling water, my thoughts began to wander. I remembered the days when he and I used to play by this lake, competing to see who could skip pebbles the farthest or attract fish more quickly. I involuntarily smiled as I recalled those moments filled with laughter and friendly rivalry.

You sighing like that is new - Mitsuki says.

Sarada: Oh, it's you, Mitsuki.

Mitsuki: Still thinking about them?

Sarada: Yeah.

It's kind of hard to believe Boruto would kill Shin - I said to Mitsuki as I picked up another pebble and tossed it into the lake, once again, it sank.

We don't know what happened. We haven't found Shin's body or Boruto's either - he countered.

Two chakras and Kis disappearing one after the other, and there are signs of an explosion and traces of Ki at the scene. What else could have happened, Mitsuki? - I said, a bit irritated.

Mitsuki: Well, the evidence we found does make it hard to think otherwise. But Boruto wouldn't kill a friend; believe in him.

I know, Mitsuki. But this whole situation is so confusing and disturbing. I never imagined something like this could happen between them. And the worst part is, we don't have many concrete answers - I said, looking lost in thought.

Mitsuki sat down beside me and sighed. He was also struggling to understand what happened between Boruto and Shin. It was hard to believe that Boruto, who used to be so full of energy and kindness, could be involved in something so terrible.

Sarada: How can I believe in him, after everything he told me back then?

Because you love Boruto. If not, this other person wouldn't be here now - he said, pointing to my belly.