past consequences

Mitsuki: Father?

Boruto: Orochimaru-Sama? Have you found something?

Orochimaru: Well, not exactly, but let me take you to someone who can explain.

Sasuke: Our little guest has finally woken up.

Yosuke: You mean to say...

Later, at the Leaf's research laboratory

Orochimaru: Here we are.

Sasuke: No funny business, Orochimaru.

The door opens, and we see a blond girl sitting on a bed.

The girl turns to Boruto and Sarada, tears streaming down her eyes upon seeing them.

Hey, are you okay? - Boruto and Sarada ask, concerned.

Sanada: Yes, I'm fine. It's just that it's been so long since I've seen my father and mother together, even if they are from another universe, it still moves me emotionally.

Both Boruto and Sarada blush a little, and Sasuke looks at them somewhat suspiciously.

I know you might judge me for everything I've done, but still... - Sanada says, wiping her tears.

Please understand, the sins your father committed do not belong to you - Boruto says, placing his hand on Sanada's shoulder, trying to comfort her.

Sarada: We didn't come to judge you.

We came to ask for your help - Boruto and Sarada say seriously.

Sanada: What?

Sarada: Father, Mitsuki, Lord Orochimaru, could you leave us alone for a bit?

Sasuke nods and leaves the room along with Orochimaru and Mitsuki.

Sanada: So, what do you want from me?

Yosuke: From all of us, you are the only one who knows how to travel between universes without Karasuki's help.

Sanada: What?

Sarada: We want to go back to the multiverse and undo everything that has happened so far.

Sanada: That's... too dangerous.

Boruto: We know, and that's why we need your help.

Yosuke: We won't keep insisting. We'll give you some time to think about it, Sanada.

Sanada: I'll think about it.

Everyone returns to the village and separates, leaving only Sarada and Boruto together.

An awkward silence fills the air between them.

Sorry - they both say in unison.

Boruto: Sorry for what? I should be the one apologizing.