Look at the sky, Cass, its over now.

Chapter 32: Look at the sky, Cass, it's over now.

The next morning, John saw that it was not a good idea to move Castiel especially since his state of health was getting worse hour by hour. He tried to hide him in a corner before venturing into town.

He tried to sell his phone to people at first but quickly saw that no one wanted it and it was his only means of communication. He searched the trash cans for food and went to a shelter stand to get food that was given to the needy. Of course he could try to find refuge, but it was a bad idea to draw attention to them. Moreover, they would never want to bring Castiel home with tuberculosis.

He found it crazy that an angel as powerful and proud as Castiel could be suffering from tuberculosis. When he came back they both ate, not enough of course, but enough to survive. Castiel didn't talk much. His sleeve was stained with blood because he must have used it to wipe his cough.

-How do you feel ? Said John.
- Much better since you came back.
-I mean your health?
- I have a lot of pain all over.
John touched his forehead with his hand.
- You are burning with fever.

He knew it was over. If no one came to help them, Castiel was probably going to die tonight. But he will never stop fighting. He couldn't call Dean. It would kill Sam. He dragged himself to the edge of the bridge where he could admire the distant countryside landscapes and gaze at the sky.
-John?
- Yes Cass?
-I'm not going to make it, am I?
-I don't know.
-I won't see Dean again?
-Look Cass, I don't know if you're going to make it...I'm sure.
-If I don't, don't cry for me. Tell Dean I love him and will always be somewhere with him. I am happy to be by your side John.
-Me too Cass. He burst into tears and hugged. Castiel watched the horizon and said to John to leave him alone some time. The angel watched the sky and bursted into tears.
-I'm...I'm sorry Dean...I love you so much. Please...never forget me as I will never forget the love you gave me.
He returned to John that took him in his arm.
-Ho, Cass, don't cry.
The angel sobbed on his shoulder.

They tried to fall asleep until Castiel woke up, unable to speak.
-J....John.....
He was choking on his blood. John was trying to rock him looking at the angel's eyes glassy and full of agony. He was crying as Castiel struggled to breathe. Castiel's hand was squeezing John's in agony.

-Shhhh. Breathe. Please breathe. It'll be OK.
-D...Dean.... Tell... tell him that I... love him...
John was pointing things to help Castiel to think at another thing than the agony.
-Look at the sky Cass...Look at the sky.
it sounded more and more like a whisper and the military doctor put his head against Castiel's before starting to sob.
-Breath please...please breathe.
The angel's hand was starting to let go John's hand.
-Please! Help ! My friend will die please!