I can't lose him

Chapter 27: I can't lose him.

Sam fell heavily to the ground. His brother, John and Castiel hurriedly ran to his side. Dean tried to wake him up but Sam showed no sign of life. He was totally panicked. John pushed him to try to osculpt Sam. He was in a coma. He didn't even know how it was possible.

They all went outside and John rushed to call an ambulance. When they arrived, John and Castiel explained that he had fallen from a great height and that they were afraid for his head. Obviously it was a dumb excuse but with Dean in the ambulance with Sam, they didn't have much of a better excuse to give. John hastened to follow them in the impala with Castiel.

Two hours later, Dean was at Sam's bedside. A doctor had just come by and told him that his brother might never wake up. Castiel was next to John outside the room before being allowed to enter. Castiel rushes over to Dean.
-Dean I... I'm really sorry I can't do anything.
-I know. Dean said dryly.
-I blame myself, it's my fault and...
- No Cass it's not your fault.
He took Castiel in his arms. He needed a little comfort.
Dean had a plan. He was going to call the angels. It was a bad idea but he just had to tell Cass and John to go back to the Bunker for them to not get hurt.

And that is what he did. He told them it was safer for them. Dean kissed Castiel before the angel looked up and took Sam's hand perhaps for the last time. Seeing that Dean was about to have a panic attack, he grabbed his hand and led him out of the bedroom.

The hunter collapsed, his back stuck to the wall of a hospital hallway. Castiel sat next to him.
-I...I can't lose him.
-I know Dean, I know.
The angel rested his lover's head on his chest.
-Sam...

Dean was sobbing in the middle of a hospital hallway, leaning against Castiel. The seraph was drawing soothing circles behind his back and Dean found that reassuring. He doesn't know how long he's been there. People were staring at him but he didn't care.

After a while, he got up and left his head in the hollow of Castiel's neck for a moment before looking at the room and then at his angel.
-I...I need to be alone...
-It's going to be fine Dean. I stay in the hallway.
Castiel started coughing violently and John came over to support him lightly.
-Are you good? Said John.
-Y...yes
-John, go take care of Castiel at the Bunker, I'm staying here.
-Okay, you'll meet us at the bunker then.
Castiel and John then headed back to the bunker.