Thirty-Two

a/n: this chapter will contain smut so I'll give a warning for those who get uncomfortable :) thank you all for your support!!!

"You may all be seated," The judge announced before taking a seat himself. It was me, Gustav, and their parents here. Bill stayed behind at Georg's house with him. "I like to call the case of Charlotte Marie Schäfer versus Hannah Adele Müller. Case number 32057."

"I will allow both parties to give their statement and call witnesses, as necessary. Then I will allow the jury time to come up with a decision." The judge paused and flipped through his papers. "Please bring in Miss Müller to the stand."

I watched as they brought in the girl, hands cuffed behind her and immediately recognized her as the girl who I attacked. Her face was badly bruised and cut up which made me smirk. Got what she deserved.

She gave her statement which was obviously the complete opposite of what actually happened. "I see this isn't your first offense, Hannah." The judge said she nodded in response. He hummed before speaking again. "Thank you, Miss Müller. Please bring in Miss Schäfer."

A couple of minutes later Charlotte came in, the same way the other girl did. She looked so drained and my heart immediately broke. The judge continued to talk to Charlotte and her eyes went from her lap to the judge but never to the rest of the courtroom.

"I didn't even think about it," Charlotte said. "I saw her attacking Gustav and it's like my instincts just kicked in. The only thing I wanted to do at that moment was protect my little brother." She finished.

I saw the tears build in her eyes from all the way back here. She doesn't deserve this and it's all my fault. I should have taken her out of Germany when I left, she would be safe.

"Thank you, Miss Schäfer. You may escort her out." The officer did as told and the judge adjusted the microphone. "I'd like to call Gustav Schäfer to the stand as a witness." I glanced over at Gustav as he took a deep breath and stood up.

Gustav sat down. "Would you please state your full name for the court?" The judge asked and Gustav nodded. "Gustav Klaus Wolfgang Schäfer." The judge nodded.

"Do you swear that the statement you are about to give is the truth and nothing but the whole truth?" I could see Gustav become nervous at the amount of attention and pressure he was faced with. "I do."

"Please, give your statement." Gustav did as told and spoke the truth of what had happened. "It was one-thirty in the morning when I heard what sounded like glass breaking downstairs. My first thought was an animal or maybe Charlotte was downstairs, that thought faded when I saw Charlotte's bedroom door closed."

"She came out of her room and I told her to stay quiet before telling her to call the police. She did as asked and I made my way down the stairs. At this point, I was preparing myself for the worst. Almost as soon as I reached the landing I was attacked and I tried to scream, but I could only grunt because she kept throwing punch after punch."

"Charlotte must have heard and rushed downstairs. She grabbed the weighted doorstop next to the door and bashed the woman on the head with it. Once she fell, Charlotte climbed on top of the woman and threw multiple punches, I lost count. I tried yelling and prying her off, but she wouldn't budge."

"I know Charlotte," Gustav said quietly. "And anyone who does know her knows that she doesn't have the heart to hurt an innocent person who doesn't deserve it." He finished and a couple of seconds of silence followed. "Thank you, Mr. Schäfer. You may return to your seat." He quickly got up and came back over. "We will now give the jury time to decide."