Five

It's gotten to the point in our success where we're all figuring ourselves out and developing our own styles as well as ways of thinking. Georg will be eighteen soon, I'm seventeen, Gustav is sixteen, and the twins are fifteen, so we obviously still have some growing up to do.

You have to remember that we aren't normal kids, you know what I mean? We aren't in public school anymore where we get to talk to friends. We can't go out in public without being surrounded by paparazzi and fans. We have to be escorted everywhere by security. We are being watched constantly, and our privacy is always being invaded. It becomes too much sometimes.

The media just loves twisting the truth or simply spreading rumors. Tom's name has been getting dirt thrown on it after a rumor has gone around that he's slept with over twenty women. It doesn't seem to bug him much, at least not that he shows or talks about it.

Most of our fans are such amazing people with the best intentions, but you sometimes get fans that are a little over the top and inappropriate in ways. I don't think people realize that we see the stuff they say or make about us. We're on social media too and believe me, it doesn't go unnoticed.

People need to learn that there are lines that shouldn't be crossed and boundaries that shouldn't be broken. We are children! Tom, Bill, and myself seem to get the most attention, and it isn't always the attention we want.

Well, I can't really speak for the twins as Tom seems to enjoy being labeled as a 'player' and plays the part well, sometimes not always playing. Bill loves the attention he gets from the fans and he can't seem to get enough of their screams when they see him.

I wish Georg and Gustav got the same amount of attention we did. I know Gustav doesn't mind either way because he's always been a very reserved and nonchalant person growing up.

I don't mind attention at all, only when it gets too personal does it make me uncomfortable. I love seeing the amount of support I get on social media, but where people love me, there are people who seem to do everything in their power to drag me down.

I keep telling myself this is all part of the fame, because it is, but that doesn't mean it hurts any less.

...

It was filming day for our music video for schrei and everyone was so excited because of how energetic this song was. We were standing close to each other with a whole ton of extras around us, some on the floor above us and some on the same level as us.

The director pulled out his megaphone and sounded the siren to get everyone's attention. "Just have fun and destroy shit for now." We all laughed at his laid back instructions and we heard the song begin to play.

I don't even remember half the shit that went on, we were just doing the most random stuff. It was absolute chaos, but that was exactly what we wanted.

I watched as Bill crowd surf and smiled. Once we made sure all the scenes for the actual music looked good, it was time for us to destroy the instruments and equipment.

It felt so unreal that we were here, together. I am so grateful everyday that I get to go on this journey with some of the best guys I have ever met.

"Cut!" We all stopped caught our breath as everyone cheered. Bill rested his head on my shoulder and I could hear his breathing over my own. I looked over at Georg and then to the other side of me at Tom.

...

It was our last free day before we left for tour and we were spending it separately, because we'd be stuck together for the next few months with no escaping. Fortunately, Gustav and I have spent our whole lives together so it wouldn't affect us so much.