Chapter Fifty Seven

Start from the beginning

I kiss her on the cheek and say, "Now I best say goodbye to Yusuke before I go." I make my way out of my room about to head into Yusuke's room until she calls out, "Yusuke's already gone off." I look back at her and shout, "That punk didn't think to say goodbye to me?!" I then storm back into my room and grab my suitcase and grumble, "When I see him again, he's gonna get an ass whooping." I then make my way to the door and call out, "Bye Mum!" And with that I leave the apartment and make my way to the bottom floor where Goro is waiting for me, however I pause when seeing Kurama making his way upstairs, but also pauses when seeing me. "Kurama." I breath out as I didn't expect to encounter him, and Kurama also seemed to be shocked by encountering me, especially as his eyes take in the sight of my suitcase dragging behind me. "Where are you going, Akina?" He asks me with a cautious tone. I take a deep breath and say, "I need to go train for something that's going to happen and the person training me lives quite a distance away." Kurama then says something I didn't expect, "And you weren't going to tell me. Keep me in the dark."

"What was that?" I ask as I release the handle of my suitcase and take slow steps towards him as I say, "Say that again, I think I misheard you." Kurama looks at me and has the nerve to speak calmly, "I said that you weren't going to tell me and keep me in the dark." And with that I slap him, causing his head to go snap to his right. "How dare you?! Keeping you in the dark when all you've done is keep me in the dark about who you are and hoped to hide the fact my brother was in danger! Well guess what...Goro was going to drive me to your house so I could tell you were I'm off and why, but no! Now I don't see the point, when it turns out my best friend clearly doesn't know me!" I vent out to him before turning to my suitcase and made my way round the boy who didn't move a muscle or either speak. "I gave you the silent treatment as a punishment for one secret, but clearly I chose wrong. Kurama, from now on I put an end to our friendship." And with that I continue my journey down to the bottom floor trying to fight the urge to turn and face him or let the tears roll down my face. Maybe Kurama and I aren't meant to be.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Third Person's POV

Kurama couldn't believe it. His mind kept denying all the words that had sprouted from her mouth, especially the part about ending their friendship. 'Why didn't I let her speak first?' He asks himself as he places his hand on his stinging cheek, until he hears a deep familiar voice of Yoko Kurama orders, 'Chase after her and make thing right!' It is then he finally springs to action and sprints down the stairs in hopes that he can catch her and set things right and repair their relationship. However, when he got to the bottom she was already in a car that was driving away. "AKINA!" He shouted for her, but the car continued going.

Inside the car Goro looks to Akina with concern as he sees her taking deep and rapid shaky breaths. The boy didn't ask her if she was alright or what had caused this, he simply gently takes hold of her hand whilst keeping his over hand on the wheel before asking, "Where to?" Akina looks to him after using her hands to wipe at her eyes to get rid of the tears that were about to decorate her cheeks before answering, "Can we go to the café please before we head off to your place for the portal?" Goro nods and starts to drive as close as he can to the street.

🌹🌹🥀🌹🌹

Hitomi was now in her room with her wounds gone, but had been ordered to rest. "Where is my son?!" The Queen Mother asks her guards, one of who responds, "Human World, your majesty. His servants inform us that he will be bringing to people from there." This makes Hitomi speak, "Brother has found his grandson is an ally of the girl that Chiharu has an obsession with. He had tasked me to discover who else was tailing her as she noticed that she was being watched by people, who I have discovered serve under someone who calls themself the Puppet Master. They also have made it so that the girl must participate in the Dark Tournament." Queen Renho looks at her daughter and asks, "You're certain of this?" Hitomi nods and says, "That is why I have alerted the rest of my siblings, for I believe that many must be aware of how special this girl must be. Brother Riku wishes to train her for the tournament and for fighting Chiharu as he claims he had a vision confirming that this girl will rid all worlds of Chiharu." Queen Renho closes her eyes shut as she processes all of the information provided to her, before slowly opening them and looking back to her guards and calmly saying, "I withdraw my order for having my son come to me. Instead we shall leave him be to his own devices." The guards nod and leave the room to spread this order to others. 

Hitomi looks at her mother and says, "Don't threat mother. Next time I'll have that bitch in my grasp and make her beg for death, I swear!" Queen Renho turns to her daughter and says, "No. Instead I will speak to your other siblings to continue the favour Riku has asked of you, whilst you stay here." This makes Hitomi launch out of bed and ask, "Why, mother?! I am healing up perfectly, I can do this!" This leads to glowing gold rope appearing around her wrists and legs. The wrists are forced to be bound together whilst the legs are leashed to one corner of the bed. "Your brother had ordered all of us to keep away from that foul woman. And it seems that you used his favour as a way to go against his order. You clearly have forgotten that your brother is no longer a prince, but is now a king. You have gone against your king's orders." Queen Renho speaks to her daughter with a cold tone, whilst thinking to herself, 'No wonder Riku forbade us to come close to her. It wasn't out of love for her, but out of care for his family. This woman...she is clearly vicious and deadly.' She then turns away from her daughter who tries to struggle out of the enchanted rope, whilst saying, "Until your brother is made aware of your crime, I shall make your punishment be that you are to be confined in your room and have spells placed on the room to ensure you cannot leave. Let this remind you of your place." With that said Queen Renho leaves her now crying and begging daughter's room. 'I'm sorry Hitomi, but this is the only way to keep you safe.'