Clearsight Deserved so much Better (💔🗯)

Clearsight swooped down, landing onto the library. She paced around the area, trying to relieve some stress before the inevitable were to happen. All of the futures near her came crashing together, forming a clear idea of what was to happen.

She and Darkstalker were going to have a little argument.

She hadn't remembered the last time they argued. Minor disagreements? Sure, yes, of course. Every couple has those. But, an argument? That was something entirely different. Yet, she didn't think of it as frightening. She knew what Darkstalker could do. She couldn't care less though. What he had done- what he plans on doing to this kingdom... Well, to simply stand by and let it happen would be the worst mistake possible.

This was necessary, both for them and their relationship and for the rest of the kingdom.

Darkstalker landed beside her, dust kicking up from his wings. "The library rooftop?" He glanced around the area. It was a peaceful and quiet area. A small garden surrounded them, benches dotted every now and then. Marble spires stood in the corners. Combined with the setting sun and the beautiful hues of twilight, it was a gorgeous place.

"My, what a romantic little spot you've dragged me to," he said, his eyes eventually landing on a white rose. He plucked the head of it, handing it over to her. "But, it all pales in comparison to you."

Clearsight grumbled in response. "You know why we're here."

"What? Was that too cheesy of a compliment, even for your standards?" He chuckled. "I see." He crumpled the rose, throwing the remains back into the bushes. "Simply putting off the main event. Trying to lighten the mood before you begin it all."

Clearsight sighed. "Not too great how you put it like that. I'm not some big bad evil dragon for not wanting my closest friend to trick me."

"Friend? Is that what I've been relegated to?"

"I-" she took a small breath. "-I didn't mean it like that. I still...love you, just I don't feel particularly safe when you go behind my back and do things." She fidgeted with her ear. "I loved that earring, you know? It went well with my eyes, yes, but when I heard you made it yourself I... I thought it was even better. You told me you didn't enchant it into being."

"I didn't. I did make it, that part is true."

"Then what about enchanting it to make me unable to see any futures where you're king of the NightWings? Ones where you're some self-proclaimed emperor over the entire continent?"

He merely looked at her straight in the eyes and said, "that was a little bonus. Come now, don't act like you weren't a lot happier once they stopped happening."

"I didn't even remember them happening before!"

"Another little bonus. Makes you forget that they were even there in the first place. For all you knew, I was perfect. We'd be together for the rest of our short, insignificant lives, raising dragonets and being happy in each other's company. Not to say those futures aren't pleasant in their own right, but I'd rather have my life here be one of more...magnitude. To do something. To be a hero in the eyes of many, as opposed to hiding away like a coward and afraid of my own magic."

"That's what you think of Fathom all along, isn't it?" she asked.

"Fathom? Him? I suppose it is, yes. Though, he'll come out of his shell eventually. A shame he hasn't used his potential to its fullest. That old murderer did a number on his psyche, didn't it?" His face shifted into a crooked smile.

"He's your friend," she hissed.

"I know he is. I want to help him. It's what I've been focusing on more as of late. I don't see what is the issue."