Snickers

Peril sighed, tapping the ground with her talons. "I'm here because... I wanted to see Scarlet."

Sunny must have looked appalled since the SkyWing's expression shifted. "I know, I know," she said. "But... I don't know, actually. I just wanted to see her again when I heard the rumors."

"Rumors?"

"There's a couple rumors spreading in the Sky Kingdom of Scarlet being alive still. Some had seen Burn's guards carrying her away the night after the whole... event."

Peril's blue eyes held an emotion she couldn't quite understand. It was confused, remorseful, enraged and sympathetic all at once. A raging inferno that was taking place inside of her, so clearly visible.

"She... hurt you though," Sunny said. "Sh– she LIED to you!"

Peril scratched at her arm, a nervous tick that she had seen multiple times before. "I really don't know what to tell you, Sunny," she said. "I just think maybe talking to her might clear up everything."

Sunny didn't quite understand Peril. She was entirely different than the Dragonets, growing up in a completely new environment and having to face struggles that were foreign to her.

Memories of the whole incident played out again in her mind. She was not there to see it (thank the moons), but she did hear and see some parts.

The panicked screams of the dragons as a flurry of wings and scales rushed by her, desperate to escape to safety. The roars Scarlet occasionally repeated in her head, reminding her of that day.

But, she was still thankful to not be there to witness the event. From Clay, Tsunami and Glory's words alone, she was terrified by what had happened.

Peril rebelling and attacking Queen Scarlet.

"I just want to talk to her, that's all." Peril scooted by the SandWing, looking at the horrific decor around her. "Wow, Burn really likes her gross things."

Sunny looked over to see a stuffed SeaWing with two heads, their expressions forever frozen in agony and pain.

"Yeah."

Sunny walked along with Peril, not really knowing what else to do. She was trapped in the Tower of Creepiness, so at least maybe she could have some protection from anything that could possibly still be alive. Anything is better than being chained up and locked in a room by yourself, at least now she has a friend. 

"I think... I can hear something..." Peril whispered, looking to a door that was locked up tight. A couple keylocks were the only thing keeping the dragons from entering that room. A small barrel full of unlit torches was nestled against the wall.

"You think something could be in there?" Sunny asked.

Peril stared at the door for a few moments before walking towards it, slashing at the locks. Sunny could only watch silver and golden keyholes melted and corroded away. She pulled open the door, which scratched against the ground and created a ear-piercing screech. Once fully opened, all Sunny could see was an empty abyss of darkness that was only sparsely lit up by dying torchlight and the SkyWing's scales.

"Does that answer your question?" Peril gave a small, awkward smile. 

"I guess so," Sunny said, reaching for a torch. "Mind if try and light this up?"

"Oh, not at all." Peril placed her talons on the flammable rope, instantly setting it ablaze. The embers tickled the SandWing's scales a small bit.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked Peril, staring down into the room. She saw a set of stairs that lead down into the belly of the tower.