Dinner the Fox (💔)

Dinner crouched down and slowly advanced over to the rabbit. He could sun reflect off of the snowy white fur of the hare, gleaming right into his eyes.

"Big rabbit. Don't mess this up." Dinner repeated to himself. He crawled over to the rabbit until he was close enough. He peered through the grass to see it was sitting idly, inspecting the area.

Dinner saw his chance and leaped off of his haunches and towards the rabbit, falling onto it. The rabbit struggled and tried to get away, but Dinner clamped his fangs down on its neck, killing it swiftly.

"Friend will be happy!" Dinner yipped excitedly, placing down the rabbit to jump around energetically for a bit. He then picked up the rabbit once more and happily walked through the forest.

The crimson orange fox trotted through the lush forest, passing by countless amounts of trees. The dusty brown bark was always nice to climb on for Dinner as he would practice jumping with them. The green leaves were also fun to chase around when he couldn't find any food for Friend to eat. The light breeze rustled his fur as he leapt over a small stick. Smells of fresh rain and flowers filled his nose, as well as the smell of the white rabbit he was carrying.

"Almost there..." Dinner spoke, still carrying the rabbit in his jaw. The fur from the neck didn't taste good, but Dinner just knew that Friend would like the tasty insides. Dinner liked them, so of course Friend would.

After a few moments Dinner came face with the mouth of a large cave. The fox cantered into it, excited to give Friend the rabbit. The sun from the outside faded as Dinner went deeper into the cave. The smells of the forest had dissipated, instead replaced with just a cold feeling. The rock walls of the cave towered over Dinner, making him feel isolated; but he still stayed cheerful as he knew Friend would be there at the end, waiting for him.

Dinner turn to his left to see Friend there laying on the ground, asleep. Dinner ran over to Friend, the rabbit being dragged across the ground.

"Friend! I brought you food!" the fox yipped, chasing his own tail excitedly.

Friend didn't move.

"Friend? Are you still sleeping? You've been sleeping for a long time now." Dinner noted. He brushed his nose against Friend's face.

It was cold and rock-like, giving off no warmth at all. Friend laid there motionlessly, the wings of the beat drooping to the side. Friend didn't seem to even be breathing anymore.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Dinner asked Friend.

No response.

"Does that mean yes! Yay!" Dinner ran over to Friend's wings, the coldness spiking through Dinner's paws and sending a chill down his spine.

It didn't quite matter to Dinner anyways as he got on top of Friend's back. He walked in a circle, patting down at Friend's rocky back, and laid down. Exhaustion came over Dinner as he rested his head on Friend. The cold coming off of him was intense, but Dinner liked being near Friend.

"Can we play tomorrow?" Dinner asked. Friend once more didn't respond, but it didn't matter to Dinner anyways. He felt his eyelids getting heavier as closes his eyes and drifted off to sleep, excited for dreams of playing with Friend like the old days when the rock was only on his tail.