Cleril is unhealthy (🗯💔)

Peril walked out into the beautiful and empty lake. Surrounding it was lush grass, which began to spark and catch on fire as soon as she touched it. Rocks covered in moss were dotted around the bowl-like area, with a massive lake in the center of it all. It glittered in the light of the moons above, making it look like a sheet of diamonds were laid on top.

And right by the water was a large, brown MudWing. Just looking at him was more relaxing than the scenery around her. Even with his back turned, he radiated a sense of warmth and kindness unlike any other.

"Clay?"

He turned around, a smile forming on his big dopey face. "Hey Peril."

"Sorry about me being late. Webs wanted me to study for exams and such."

"That's nice that you're keeping up with your school though. You're a lot better than a bunch of other dragonets with that."

Just that one compliment alone had Peril flushed, her cheeks warming up more than usual. "Thanks..."

"So, why did you call me out here?" Clay asked. "Something about your school, or is somebody bothering you. If it's the ladder, I can deal with-"

"It's... something else."

Anxieties flared up inside of her stomach, stiring around like a hurricane within seconds. She had called Clay over for a reason, but she didn't exactly know how to say it.

All she knew was that this was it. No longer will these feelings stay inside of her.

After all, what's the worse that can happen? This is Clay after all, not some big evil queen that would probably kill her for even daring to step out of line.

"I've been wanting to tell you something for a long while now," she said. "Something I shouldn't said many, many, MANY months ago."

"Oh, what is it?" Clay asked. His expression shifted slightly, showing concern now.

"It- it's nothing bad if you're wondering..." Peril stuttered. "It's just something I've been wanting to tell you since the moment I saw you."

"What is it?" Clay titled his head to the right slightly.

Peril let out a shaky sigh. "Even back in the Arena, I've been thinking about you. I've never met anybody before that treated me like... a normal dragon. You were special. I knew you cared about me and wanted me to have a better life."

The SkyWing continued. "Ever since then I couldn't get you out of my head. Those words we shared, the genuine compliments, it made me feel like a better dragon. I felt good about myself."

"Really?"

"When you all left the Arena, I was forced into exile and had to wander around, looking for somewhere to go," she said. "Yet, I only wanted one thing. I wanted to be with you again. Your warm scales and your beautiful voice..."

A half lie. Peril wanted to be with Clay, yes, but she was also searching for the only other source of support in her life, Scarlet.

Peril sighed. "Yet, the next time I found you, you were on the verge of dying. I was scared for you, yet I never felt so... good. Feeling inside of you and saving your life made me feel like this is what I was meant to do."

"Yeah, thank you for that..." Clay said, though his voice was a bit different. She couldn't tell how, but his tone was off.

"Ever since I've been tearing myself apart because I hadn't told you this sooner. I was afraid that you'd turn away and fear me, but... I don't care anymore."

Peril smiled. "I love you, Clay. I always have. You light up my world brighter than the hottest of flames and make me feel like I can do anything. I- I want to be with you, always."