I hate this sea slug so much (💔❗️)

"Launch!" Whirlpool commanded.

Anemone pushed her talons forward as the rocks floated forward at a high speed, hitting the targets. The sounds of the rocks hitting them echoed through the cave.

"Well done, Princess Anemone," Whirlpool congratulated, though his voice still monotonous, resulting in words that sounded like he was trying to express emotion, yet miserably failing. "Your form is steadily approving."

"Thanks..." Anemone mumbled, giving a small smile to show her appreciation.

"At this rate, you'll be one of the best animus dragon's the SeaWings have seen in ages. Perhaps, even greater than Albatross himself with enough time."

Anemone picked up one of the rocks and tossed it around between her talons. "Maybe..."

"That's enough with rock throwing practice, wouldn't you say? How about more training for your defense?"

Anemone stifled a groan. She hated those stupid 'defensive poses' that Whirlpool made her do. It's not like he would even know how to defend himself, other than running away with his tail between his legs, screaming for Coral to save him.

But, if she dared to even resist his horrible teachers, he'd tattle to Coral. Once was enough for the message to sink in.

"Mhm..." Anemone mumbled.

"Speak up, Princess Anemone," Whirlpool ordered. "The common SeaWings only use that dialect. Unless you've been cohearsing with some dragon in secret, you should be talking properly like the rest of us. Answer yes, don't grumble like a bear."

"Yes, Whirlpool..."

"Excellent. Now then," he continued. "Do the pouncing panther."

Anemone bit her tongue as she lowered her body and got into a 'pouncing' position.

"An animus cannot win every battle without some training to protect themselves."

Why? I can very easily just enchant myself to not be hurt. Then I don't have to... do this.

Anemone tried to shift her talons to try and get more comfortable.

"Not a single move, Anemone. Still as a board, yet quick as a current." Whirlpool stared at the dragonet. "Now, strike!"

Anemone swiped forward at an invisible enemy's legs. Nothing happened, of course, but this seemed to please Whirlpool.

"Spectacular. Do that ten more times. Then, we can stop."

Whirlpool stepped back and pressed himself up against the cave's walls. It was only him and her in the cave. No other dragon, not even a guard. It was Whirlpool's favorite spot to train as he said that it was 'dark enough so that she'd be prepared for fights during the night'.

Anemone repeated the process over and over again. Getting into the position, lunging forward a bit to swipe at the air, again and again. She could feel Whirlpool's eyes focused on her, watching her every movement like a seahawk.

"Don't cheat, Anemone," he said. "Actually lunge forward as though you're attacking some dragon."

I am though! Anemone argued back in her mind.

After a few moments, she was done her ten 'pounces'. Whirlpool clapped. "Fantastic."

Anemone looked down at her talons and dusted off some dirt on them. "Are we done training now?"

"Hmm... I suppose so," Whirlpool said. "Wouldn't want you to exhaust yourself. Coral wants a fine and dainty heir, and you fit that build perfectly."

Whirlpool paused for a moment. "You even have your mother's eyes as well. Quite a fine colour to them, wouldn't you say?"

Anemone picked at her webbing. "I guess..."

"Don't pick at your webs, Anemone," Whirlpool barked. "You need those for swimming after all."

Anemone nodded as she watched Whirlpool walk by her. Whirlpool called it a 'strut', but whenever he moved he always looked like a fish trying to learn how to walk on its fins.

"Come now, let's get back to the palace. Your mother is waiting."