Foeslayer (💔🩹💀)

The ice shatters once more, releasing Foeslayer from her prison. Though, she knows this is only momentarily relief.

The NightWing falls to the floor, her broken bones and horrifically wounded scales had been healed from the frost that bound her to this cave. She steadied herself and looked up to the dragon that freed her.

Yet again, an imposing IceWing stood menacingly before her. Her scales were elegant, yet held a sense of danger to them. Rings and necklaces glittered from the fire around her as a large and beautiful crown was perched on her head.

Queen Diamond.

"Why did you-" Foeslayer tried to say before she could feel the spear penitrate her neck. She sudden pain instantly died away as she could feel her scales encased in the ice once more.

Then, what felt only like seconds later, the ice broke away and freed her. This was the cycle that Foeslayer would always be trapped in, forever. She'd be released, killed, then forced back into the ice.

The NightWing looked up to see Diamond about to thrust the spear again, only for her to just barely dodge out of her way.

"Don't play with me, NIGHTWING!" The queen said that word as though it was thicker than tar. "You've already done enough!"

"I haven't don't any-" she tried to say only to see the spear flung towards her. In mere moments, the spear stabbed her in the lower neck and the cold returned.

Then, just as quickly as it happened, she was spared from the ice. She steadied herself again as she looked at this nightmare of a queen.

"Augh..." Foeslayer grunted. "Don't tell me you're going to kill me forty times again..."

"Oh, do you WANT me to?!" Diamond's voice was full of malice and pure hatred. "That's what you deserve for taking my son away!" The IceWing lunged at her.

Narrowly dodging her, Foeslayer turned around to face the manic queen. "How many times do I have to say it? He left with me willingly!"

"You say that like you didn't do anything, temptress! Arctic would never have left unless you kidnapped him or brainwashed him," she snarled.

"Can you just let me speak?!" Foeslayer yelled back. Without warning, Diamond raced towards the NightWing and knocked her down with her body. Foeslayer winced in pain as her spikes had sliced her scales.

Then, while down on the ground, she saw the IceWing looming right over her. She stopped at the ground and practically unhinged her jaw. Before she could react, Diamond had blasted her with the freezing death fire that was frostbreath, killing her once again.

But, of course, it would be far too nice of her to be dead right then and there. She'd finally be able to move on to the stars.

The frost shattered and released Foeslayer once more, letting her feel her scales. No wounds, of course.

"Are you happy with yourself?" Diamond asked. "Is this what you wanted? Do you want to be killed over and over again for what you've done?"

Foeslayer didn't even bother getting from the ground this time. "No..."

Just as quickly as she was freed, she could feel Diamond rip into her throat again. Darkness swarmed her briefly before the light of the cave returned, showing she was once again alive.

"- and it's all YOUR fault!" Diamond screamed. She seemed to have gone off on a tangent while she was in the ice still.

"For what?"

"Oh you KNOW what happened, don't you? You and your disgusting spawn orchestrated it, didn't you?" Diamond laughed. "Didn't you? TELL ME!"

"What?..." Foeslayer whispered as she tried to get up. "I didn't- what are you talking ab-"

Death greeted the NightWing once more with a firm stab of the spear in her head. Then, just like that, she was back again on the ground like nothing happened.

"- now I have to deal with this insane animus who's just killing dragons left and right! You just HAD to do this, didn't you? This was a plot you stupid dragons made to tear us down. You stole my son, forced him to have dragonets so that you could have OUR magic and then have them grow up to be used for war-"

"SHUT UP!" Foeslayer covered her ears. "What are you going on about?!"

Then Foeslayer saw something in Diamond's eyes. Right in the corners of her cold and dead eyes were tears, falling away and racing down her snout.

"Don't play dumb with me!" she shrieked. "You know what happened! You- it KILLED him!"

Foeslayer felt her heart sink. "Who... what happened?..."

Diamond slashed at Foeslayer's throat again, but not deep enough to instantly kill her. The NightWing toppled over and fell to the ground, clutching her bleeding scales as she went wide-eyed.

The freezing cold of the ice floor around her combined with the blood dripping out practically paralyzed her. All she could do was shake as the horrific pain continued.

"He killed him..." Diamond's voice cracked. "That STUPID NightWing of yours killed Arctic!"

She gasped. "My son..." Diamond cried. "My son is dead... My beautiful baby boy, killed by his own talons."

Foeslayer tried to speak, but all she did was cough up blood. It choked her, making it harder and harder to breathe as she began to fade in and out of consciousness.

It seemed like it would never end until finally Diamond put her out of her misery, smashing her skull with her own talons.

This time, Foeslayer could feel her scales and bones mend and repair themselves in the short time between being dead and alive once more.

Finally, she was broken from the ice once more.

"Do you know what it's like, you heartless monster?" Diamond asked. "To not only have your own son ripped from your talons, but then to hear about him dying?"

"Arctic..." Foeslayer wheezed. "Arctic is dead?"

"YES, and your disgusting excuse for a son did it!"

Foeslayer sat with this revelation. Her husband, what was once the love of her life, is dead?

By Darkstalker too?

This... this couldn't be true. Maybe Diamond is just exaggerating again and everything is okay.

But, something was off. The way she spoke, despite how hateful it was, sounded genuine.

"No..." Foeslayer whispered. She didn't even flinch when Diamond rushed her with the spear once more. She didn't feel anything as it entered her body and the world went dark again.

This can't be happening.