An Argument (💔🗯❗️)

Glory grabbed a chair and sat down, watching as Deathbringer put down the spear. "So, how was hunting?"

"Good, uneventful," Deathbringer replied. "How was the meeting?"

Glory shrugged. "Could be better. Coral was her usual horrible self. Wish she would just keel over already."

Deathbringer awkwardly chuckled. "Yeah, maybe then the SeaWings could actually be happy for once."

"Maybe, maybe..." Glory muttered. "I can't remember the last time I've been able to stay up late and not feel... exhausted."

"Perks of having a dragonet, isn't it?"

"Yeah, little much at times, huh?" She asked.

"I guess, but she's still a cutie." Deathbringer smiled, his eyes lost in thought.

Glory fiddled with her talons and took a small breath. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"Do you know about any sort of... uprising?"

Deathbringer paused. "No, why?"

Glory looked back at Deathbringer. "What if I simplify it a bit? A... revolution-"

"Glory, what have you heard?"

"Are you saying you have something to do-"

"I'm not saying I have anything to do with it." Deathbringer interrupted. "All I'm asking is where you got it from."

"Jambu. He said-"

"For moons sake Jambu..."

"Deathbringer..." Glory said, appalled. "Are you a part of this NightWing revolution?"

"No," Deathbringer said, standing up and trying to walk out of the room.

"Oh no, you don't get to walk out of this." Glory blocked the door with her wing. "You're hiding something, again. You're always keeping this from me."

"Maybe because I like to do things that don't always revolve around you?"

"Like being a part of some revolution?"

"Glory." Deathbringer paused for a moment, holding his talons up to his head and exhaling. "You can't just believe every little word somebody may tell you."

"This is Jambu, Deathbringer," she said. "That dragon has never uttered a lie in his life."

Deathbringer bit his lip. "I just wanted to make a change, Glory. The NightWings are upset."

"Upset? Over what? They just can't help but complain about every little thing, can't they?"

"Glory, can you be serious for a moment?" Deathbringer's voice was rising a bit. "This is serious."

"Ugh," Glory grumbled. "What ever happened to you?"

"What happened to me? I grew up. I changed and grew up out of that stupid phase of my life. You don't seem to be changing at all."

"And you're so much better because you're 'mature' now? Is being mature taking part in some uprising?"

"I have no idea what you're trying to say, Glory," he said. "You're putting words into my mouth. This is just trying to be peaceful because the NightWings aren't satisfied with their lives."

"How would you know what to do, huh?" Glory asked. "You don't know what it's like to be queen-"

"Oh, here we go with all of the 'queen' talk again, huh? That's your go-to response whenever somebody questions you, isn't it?"