Chapter 49: Orphanage (I).

Elizabeth's POV

We wore our disguises, cloak and a wig. I chuckled, placing the hood on my head and looked at Victoria with a smile.

"Thank goodness we brought our disguises huh?" I told her to hold my wig and put it above my hair. I look like any normal girl out here! Silver white hair is a really dead give away sometimes, it's a wonder why the baker lady didn't think I was the princess.

Victoria didn't respond and kept staring at herself in the mirror. I understood her worries- the village is not exactly in a good state meaning the orphanage could have also taken a lot of damage during the demon-human war.

"Don't worry, I'm sure- that your home will be safe." I held her hand, ensuring my mom knew that everything will be fine.

"Thank you, Elizabeth." she stopped looking so out of it, giving me that usual smile and head pats. "Let's go out to get some information then."

We'll be back before anyone notices we're gone!

"There are many guards patrolling the area, one we don't know their usual patrol routes so we'll be careful and follow my lead." (Victoria) eyes for any opening and there was an open window near the estate's gate. Thankfully the building we were in was close- we threw down a rope tying it down to one of the vicinity and wrapped our waist with it quickly going down and climbing up the wall heading towards the village walking on foot.

...

We temporarily hid in an alleyway and when it was safe, we knew what to do.

"Time to take off our cloaks." I took it off revealing a set of commoner's clothing, a simple dress- pale brown color and a little laced ribbon on the side.

Compared to the people here- I'm at least middle class.

"Indeed." (Victoria) takes hers off revealing a set of commoner men's clothes, the usual pants- white blouse inside her black jacket, long black hair tied into a ponytail- and I couldn't help but see not a maid-!

But a young master instead?!

This is too good to watch.

"Victoria you know if you wear more clothes like these we'll be surrounded by women asking if you're looking for someone to settle down with." I covered my mouth trying to suppress a giggle because of her androgynous body she can pass for man just with the right clothing.

She looks at me in confusion and then to her clothes, "I've been aware of that effect I have on women- I do apologize to them after though, confessing that I'm a woman."

"I say let's take our disguise to the next level and have a role! I'll be your beloved daughter and you can be my dad!" I grinned to my ear, holding my dad's arm. "Come on, Victoria. It'll be for today and who knows we might have some fun with it!"

"If it helps us blend in, I am not one to disagree with the princess' plan." She gave up to my request and my heart happily danced inside- dragging her outside of the alleyway and began questioning the local townsfolk on how things are doing in the state of the village.

...

We walked hand in hand, looking like an ordinary pair of father and daughter having a normal day outside in the village. Victoria and I decided to find a few open shops and asked about the orphanage.

Ding! Ding!

We opened the door and entered the shop, it was a little empty but we could see someone attending inside.

"Pardon me, if you don't mind can we ask you about something? You see we're not from around here..." I tried calling out to a shopkeeper who clicked his tongue at me.

The old man with a hunch back shakes his head holding a cane as he walks, "Can't you see I'm closing up? It's already hard enough to stay open with a bookstore like this having no customers."

A bookstore?