Chapter 29: Orders.

Chapter 29: Orders.

Elizabeth's POV

It has been three days since my father's return. The emperor has been nothing but quiet, I don't like how Victoria didn't have much time for me anymore because she was being called so suddenly.

I don't know why.

I had the opportunity to ask her one morning because she's required to check up on me there.

"Good Morning princess Elizabeth." (Victoria) closes the door behind her and sees me laying awake in my bed. I surely made a grumpy expression, my arms crossed and my lips pouting.

"Victoria, why did you suddenly get so busy? I don't get my usual hugs and pats from you anymore." I complained one day after not seeing her the whole afternoon.

The whole time in the library I felt so alone. I didn't want any guards to intrude on my research, my intrusive thoughts won however and asked for them to buy me a couple of things to experiment on.

"Apologies for my absence these past few days. I need to talk to your father, clearly he is not... fine." she replied, clearing out my closet for new dresses to be stored.

"Did you not like spending time with me anymore since father arrived?" I pouted some more and I heard her chuckle, my little grumpy child figure must've looked cute to her while I don't feel cute.

I had the urge to be selfish and childish when it came to Victoria's time. I was beginning to think I've gone territorial over my mother figure.

"Oh dear, you've missed me?" she asks me, holding my sides before carrying me toddler style. My silver eyes met her green emerald ones, I felt safer being in Victoria's arms than the bed.

"Mm... no I didn't miss you."

"Really~?"

"Wait- what are you?! Bwahaha!"

One of her hands went to my waist proceeding to tickle me! Hahaha!

"Victoria, stop! Hahaha! This is so unfair!" I pushed her hands away but I was too weak, the tickling continued and I laughed so loudly.

"Nope won't stop till you admit that you missed little old me." (Victoria) tells me and I couldn't help but kick my feet all over the place still laughing. "Come on, admit it!"

"Hahaha! M-Mom stop!"

I felt a little happy calling her mom again... eh?

"..."

Victoria actually did stop.

"Apologies, maybe I went too far." (Victoria) smiles sadly, telling me that she went too far but- huh?

"Huh?" I let out unconsciously at the same time as my mind. We were having fun- and in the past she was just getting used to me calling her mom.

Why did she suddenly get so stiff?