Chapter 14: The Blue dress stained in Red (I).

Elizabeth's POV

"You've decided to leave for the party, your highness." (Victoria) tells me, not sounding too happy about my decision. She shifts over to my closet fixing my clothes, the dresses in the wrong color for the theme of the party were ignored.

I hummed thinking of my decision to come to the party and the weight of it.

While I could reject the invite, I would miss the opportunity to meet my Uncle. 

He would never go to any of my public events so I've been curious about what kind of man this was but regarding the letter that he sent me- I have an inkling of what kind of personality he has.

"The council has approved and has encouraged my decision. Family, and blood ties us more than water, it's thicker. They, of course, would like us to get along wouldn't they?" I told her as I held up the dress I planned on going to wear for the birthday party.

The theme of blue, is a symbol of dependability, stability, and trust, along with consistency, authority, and strength.

My maid tightens the corset as I hold out my breathing.

I chose a shoulderless gown, with sleeves embedded with jeweled beads, and it was layered. It felt heavy for my little body to bear but the pain could be felt more by my feet, the little sizes of heels as if they were prickling me with needles.

Wearing this is much proper for nobility, though I would have to say- that I look adorable, seeing my reflection through the mirror.

"Ever the wiser, your highness." (Victoria) lets me sit down at my vanity table, pulling a chair and holding down my hair gently loosening the end of it for her to brush. "What would you like for me to style your hair for the party?"

"Something simple would be nice."

"Agreed."

The brush that she used to comb me was the empress' gift also known as my biological mother. I had wondered if the empress passed down her motherly duties to Victoria as soon as she passed.

I could feel my personal maid's face looking solemn as she stared at the end of the wooden comb with my engraved name. It was many of these rare moments I had seen her so vulnerable.

I wanted to... not see that expression on her face.

"Victoria?"

"Yes?"

...

"You promised to tell me where you lived... your childhood and what food you ate." My hands felt a little nervous reminding her of what she had promised to tell me, I had hoped I didn't sound too invasive into her private life.

For I felt her hands had stopped brushing my long silver hair, I feared she was angry with me.