Chapter 18: The Party (I).

Elizabeth's POV

It was time we'd left to get to my Uncle's land.

The Dukedom of Erhenzig.

I couldn't sleep despite the dull ride we'd had, the worries of how long the carriage will last with the door being missing, it leaves us in a vulnerable state.

Victoria kept me in check as our talk from before only bonded our hearts.

"I don't think it would be safe in Duke Damien's territory, we should be on our guard and refuse any drink or food that they may offer- just... in case." (Victoria) warns me and I intend to follow it.

I wouldn't like to be caught dead in poison.

Slowly, I've begun to think of her as my mother figure.

Clack... Clack... Clack...

"Mrrrph..." The horses stopped their trotting, and Tobias who was up the front gets off the front seat looking out into the carriage's missing door entrance.

"Your highness and General Crumwell-" (Tobias) was stopped with Victoria raising her hand.

"Former... general. I would prefer going by Miss Crumwell now." (Victoria) she tells Tobias who corrects his mistake.

"Yes, apologies... Miss Crumwell. We've arrived at our destination. It's safe to come down, the guards at the gate have already been notified of your presence." (Tobias) tells us both and we nodded in reply.

"Thank you, Sir Tobias." I tell him, giving a smile. I have to say, he did a really good job.

He gave a smile back and went off quickly with the other guards.

'Sir', is a form of title for knights. One should know her manners in addressing someone of importance and Sir Tobias showed much strength and loyalty today he has earned my respect.

"We're a dozen elite nights, half of us will stick with the prisoner and the other will join me in guarding the princess." (Tobias) was already assigning the guards roles.

He made sure of their condition, checking up on their state, and assigned the guards who had the most injuries on rest, they will be the ones keeping watch of our mercenary hostage.

"Sir, yes sir." The guards saluted and went to different two stations.

I could hear parts of their conversation where they needed to keep the only prisoner we have under tight watch.

"The gift that I have brought... Is it with you still, Victoria?" I ask in worry, while I wanted nothing more but to slam my Uncle's face down into the ground-

I was not sure about my cousin's personality. If she was the same as Uncle Damien I will not hesitate to take back my gift, even if it may ruin a bit of my reputation.