Chapter 3: New royal rules to follow (I).

Elizabeth's POV

The years passed, my hatred for the god that killed me led me to think...

I wanted revenge.

I've earned a new name, a new life to become the princess of the kingdom of snow- Berovia. Positioned in the northern part of the world.

It has eight months of winter, three months of spring where the crops grow to their fullest and one month of perfectly good weather until it repeats it all back again.

Elizabeth Isoldein Nevemayr, the future empress of the kingdom.

All these years building my way into the life of an infant, while having the mind of a teenager was leading me to be impatient with my life. I wanted to devote my life to getting him to kneel, beg for mercy and then I will end his existence.

"Your highness, are you enjoying the book you're reading? You seem to be focused, your eyebrows are furrowing."

"..."

Was I?

I wasn't aware that I was.

"Yes I am... I like the characters in this and the things they do to defy the impossible." I answered, trying to sound as childlike as possible, and the servant who asked nodded affirming that I was enjoying my time, leaving me to read more things in the library.

"Hmm..."

I must say... Being a princess is less interesting than I thought it would be.

While it did give me basic necessities, even more to the level of comfort royalty would have. The duties, responsibilities and everyone's words would surround me everyday on who I am now.

It would feel as their whispers would slip by, the gaze on their eyes staring for hours with no end- from the servants, nobles and my acquaintances.

"Your highness, please walk more elegantly the council might see you."

"Pah! The princess left by the empress is no lucky egg. You'd think she'd be smarter like the empress but no!"

"Someday, your highness will turn into a wonderful leader and someone who can lead the kingdom to greatness just like your mother."

The empress, the past ruler and someone who I've been compared to all these years. I couldn't be mad, I've calculated the weight of her name she carried and the things she did for this kingdom was amazing.

Public heaters for the winter, the education reforms, kingdom diplomacy managing to keep two countries to keep on trading, was known to be a great inventor with revolutionary ideas that seemed so impossible and so much more-

For every birthday I've had, there would be a present that was meant for me from the empress.

The celebrations were rather forced upon me, I... am not the type to celebrate.

I never did and even if I did celebrate, I would only hold it with the people I like and frankly there's none of them here. The royal family related to my father's side was unresponsive, from my mother's side she was another princess from another country that was summer all around.

None of her relatives would go lengths to visit a winter country.

"Happy birthday, milady. From your mother- she... has prepared this for you with a lot of thought. I hope you like it."

My personal maid assigned to me, would give the boxed present and I would pull the ribbons apart, letting it fall, opening the box... I could see a little brush with my engraved name.

The only thing that kept my sanity upon the hundreds of people I don't even know well inside the party, excessive balls and other nobles trying to get close to my space were the lovely gifts that I could tell... the empress really wanted a child.