Chapter 19: The Party (II).

Elizabeth's POV

Click... Clack... Click...

It was the sound of my footsteps taking a bit of an echo as I walked by the Duke's estate. Many of my uncle's servants would stare before lowering their heads once they saw the tiara above me indicating that I, the royal princess Elizabeth Isoldein Nevemayr only heir to the throne would be visiting their place and attending their little lady's birthday party.

Whom... I've never been introduced to the little lady in my whole existence.

With their eyes cast down, I felt their fear and curiosity upon my appearance seeing the blood stain on my dress even though they were concerned.

Walking past them with haste, I caught an earful of their whispered conversation.

"Goodness, is she the empress' daughter? It's been years... she's already so big I wish her mother would've seen her too- I know she'll grow up to be a beauty."

"She's still a child, Mildred, and she may not grow up the same just like the empress. Our late ruler was kind but- those council members might have already slithered their influence on her like a snake."

"D-Don't say that... sure the apple doesn't fall so far from the tree."

...

"The blood on her clothes sure gives off something else."

"H-Head maid we don't know the full story we shouldn't assume anything..."

Hmm... My late mother's influence in this place is intact, I support that she did the common people well and treated them fair. However, I'm not rather happy that they compared me to her. I don't even know the late empress.

"Your highness, the ballroom is right this way- but are you sure you won't change first-" The young guard moves over holding the doorknob and looking over at my clothes, I shake my head going with the plan to throw off my Uncle.

"Perhaps after I will change, but I have a party to attend to," I tell him, raising an eyebrow, impatient for him to open the door but the moment he did I was not aware of the situation I was getting into.

"Hahaha!"

I laughed to myself, seeing all the nobles wearing something themed in red. While I was the only one colored in blue.

I immediately felt out of place.

Duke Damien Amora Nevemayr set me up for public humiliation in case I survived. The cunning of him to even think of me surviving, meaning he didn't underestimate the percentages or even become too overconfident that he's easily won.

That bitch.

"...Your highness, this was a trap we shouldn't have come to." (Victoria) glares at the crowd, trying to calm herself. I see her clenching her fists restraining herself to become rogue. "When I find Duke Damien I will shove my hand where the sun doesn't shine."