Chapter 25: Lost The War.

Elizabeth's POV

In the Library where my research for improving the better farmlands of my kingdom's condition.

I have already made a couple propositions and suggestions toward the council to which some have been ignored.

More like it was only Sir Lincoln who only took the time to read it.

I've been making my time useful by trying to get into formal occasions, tea parties, balls, weddings, and masquerades. Yet this sort of thing does not interest me. I'm more interested in helping the kingdom grow with the studies I've gained through my past life.

"They're still not taking me seriously! Do they not know the research it took me to finish some of the paper documents that I made?" I frowned while slumping my back onto my chair, tired of how they're not giving me respect towards my research and hard work.

"Well your highness... they still see you as a child." (Victoria) was at my side brewing tea. Herbs, spices could be smelled and that made me a lot calmer but still.

"Hmph, how biased! When it comes to knowledge and education, age shouldn't matter if they truly speak facts and have conducted real proof solutions that would help the kingdom resolve some of its matters." I look down on the several books in front of me and realize things at my age now would be difficult but I don't act, the years up ahead would be more challenging than it should.

"Especially if I'm to become Queen." I feel like having a tantrum, knowing that I'm somewhere safe. "Victoria, how can I let them see me on an equal footing?"

"Hmm... Well- it would be hard at your age. I know you have a strong will and spirit to prove them wrong but maybe you should wait a bit more when you have a strong backing and support."

"You mean... when I'm crown princess?"

She smiles nodding, taking a hold of the tea cup and pouring me some of it. "By that time you would have everything prepared, I will help and guide you with the best that I can. You may even have your request approved to learn the art of war and master certain weapons of your choice."

My plan to live my life, and getting my revenge on that meddlesome god that put me in this place. I would really need that plan and request for me to learn to master war tactics and weapons by the council.

"Sip..."

The tea was hot, I could see my reflection upon the beverage, my white hair and silver eyes that were characteristic features of someone by royalty.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

A knock on my library?

Who dares disturb my alone time with mum.

"Are you expecting a guest?" (Victoria) turns to me before walking away to the door holding the knob. The guards should be outside keeping watch, I waited for any kind of introduction before letting them in.

"I don't believe Melrose's visit is to be scheduled so soon so that can't be her." I wonder who it could be. Melrose has been visiting me daily after her birthday party, she's a sweet girl.

I won't be seeing her much after this year. Uncle Damien Erhenzig has told that Melrose will be living in another country for her studies. I have only gotten a grasp of the news when we were just getting close.

It seems he made a few precautions in my presence, he doesn't want his daughter getting near and being influenced by me it seems.

"Y-Your highness! I am Lienel Oebuer, here to deliver you your usual mail!"

I was met with the mail servant knocking onto the doors of my library, I motioned for Victoria to let the mail servant in.

"The letters."

"Here it is, your highness."

The mail servant soon excuses himself, and Victoria closes the door after giving me the letters, unable to look me in the eye.